Jump to content

97 5 speed manual trans

Recommended Posts

I'm in the process of putting my 97 back together. Just had the engine rebuilt, stabbed it earlier today. Going together with the trans/bell housing and motor.

I appear to be missing what seems like a flywheel guard.

I can see the back side of the flywheel on either side as I look past the top/side of the oil pan.

Does anyone have any idea what I'm talking about?

What is this part called and where can I get them/one?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

I think you are talking about the 1/8" aluminum plate that goes between your engine block and transmission case.


If that is the piece you are missing, it needs to be set against the block before you install the flywheel.

Edited by blu_fuz
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.