FordContour.Org

Local Portland summer meet proposals

PDXSVT

So there's upcoming evenings at PIR drags, track days on the road course, and getting the trans out of the parts cadaver so Mike has a driveway spot back. 

Three of our local guys have noticed The World of Speed automotive museum in Wilsonville OR, very close to I-5 exits, and not very distant from the Woodburn drags. 

And there's a grill and a firepit at Mike's.

So... what's the interest out there for a to-be-determined Saturday visit at The World of Speed, followed by grilling at Mike's? Or some other thoughts?

I recruited a buddy of Aussie Ford to assist me with grilling at Mike's, but he's another MBenz fan, so he'd probably not fit in with anyone... (Hey, is that an alfa romeo or a bernini?) 

And I can personally confirm that Bill aka mondeoman is NOT a figment of our imaginations.

During a recent second face to face with Bill, when I brought up how some of our PNW guys have found good body/interior CSVTs with some replaceable system failure FOR CHEAP, I only had to drop like one sentence about moving my former daily driver's good parts (headers/quaife/Terry Haines/koni) onto a fresher body CSVT when Bill jumped in about finding a 3L to transplant/finish it. 

And why are there no shots posted here from the recent LeMay collection meet near Tacoma? There was a Hurst Olds and more Indy pace cars at the family house? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Love the dates are clearly posted  :wallbash:

Mike and Aussie Ford are both preoccupied on other fronts.

Discussion of meet dates will wait until they can better assess their calendars.