Sign in to follow this  
mondeoman

SINGLE COOLING FAN TO DUAL COOLING FAN CONVERSION

Well, many, many years later I am finally getting around to performing this conversion. I referenced Aussie's posts from 2012. Not finding all my answers.

What I have is a '95 single fan Zetec and a replacement '98 dual fan Zetec assembly. I have removed the single fan assembly. This is not a "plug and play" process. The '98 has a round connector not found on my single fan '95 Zetec. If I could read the long gone insulation color code on my '95 single fan assembly, I could make progress. Electrical work is NOT daunting for me. I will state that some/most of the wiring color coding is different between the two assemblies.

Could someone comment on this conversion, that has actually performed it before? I am hesitant, at this time, to do a "non OEM" wiring setup/mod. I would prefer this conversion to appear and function as a '98 dual fan setup.

My wiring is in very sad shape on this harness that runs to the single fan and A/C compressor. I will be replacing some of this harness with the '98 dual fan assembly. The rest of the wiring harness I will graft in replacement wiring.

Any "overlays" of the two wiring diagrams would be super. If not, I will again attempt to create my own overlay.

Thank you - Mondeoman

Hello from France

Since I have the EVTM (electrical & vacuum troubleshooting manual) for 1995 Contout and Mystique, I can provide you with a copy of the four pages related to ELECTRICAL COOLING FANS. 

Please give me your email address.

Pieloux