Anthony84

1st time “official” Contour owner

Hi all. Up here in the PNW. Just picked up a clean ‘98 Contour the other day. 153k miles. Literally got it due to being a manual. After a few days of ownership I see a couple small DIY things to fix but I think I got a deal at $1200 and I will say it handles way better than most FWD cars. 

Been a car guy my whole life; mostly RWD but this fills the neccessity at this point in my life. 

Looking forward to being on here!

*was gonna post pics since I just cleaned it up but even 1 photo is too large from an iPhone? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by Anthony84
Can’t add photo

Welcome, There are several of us Tourites in your area and we have semi - irregular meets. Please let me know if you need help / advice while working on you car.

Regards,

AF 

Keep me posted on the meets! 

Back in my Marauder ownership days I always went to meets all over. 

Although now driving a light prairie metallic Contour is slightly less exciting; it’s always nice to chat with fellow car guys. 

Only real issue I see now is the inoperative temp gauge which my OCD will drive me nuts until I fix it; every gauge and every last light must work on any car I own! The valve cover gasket is next...you can smell it when the climate control is on. Stinky...lol. 

Will do,

I understand fully. I like everything working myself. Not far from you we have members in Woodland, Ridgefield, and Portland. then we have fellow Tourites from Alaska, Canada, Washington,  Idaho, Nevada, California, who also attend our larger meets from time to time. 

Regards,

AF

So is there a trick to getting photos to fit on here? I’d like to show off my car but even one photo from my phone library says too large? Thanks!

Holy cow... a Marauder? If you're talking of the 32 valve 375 hp big 4 door built more recently than Contours, there were only a few of those beasts made. 

So a 5 spd zetec... there's another one of those in the neighborhood. 

Edited by PDXSVT