Hey everyone, just thought I'd pop into a forum and say hello. Bought my 99 CSVT back around 2011 or 2012, was in rough shape then and I haven't been able to do much to it. Have loved it ever since.

Edited by JCPDX

Welcome, just let us know how we can help you when you're ready...

AF

By the way, we have a bunch of pdx'ers you should join us at a meet or other events we hold.

Currently I do need a little help, recently the speedometer started jumping when I start it and sometimes when I rev the engine... As well as not wanting to start.. Any ideas?

Welcome to FCO!

The speed sensor (VSS) on the transmission can short out causing this and other issues. There are some examples floating around if you search.

-Dominic

Ok... bit of back up... Bought the car needing a clutch.. Also had no radio... Took it to a bad mechanic unknowingly.. Got clutch replaced a couple times... After the last time he worked on it my a/c was no longer working,and the guide pin passenger side on radiator was ripped up causing radiator leak...  Took it to an awesome mechanic who installed new radiator.... Installed radio myself... Used to do it a lot when i was younger..  Blast ahead a couple years... Don't remember transmission or motor mount... One was broken and rubbed a hole in the hydraulic line for clutch... Had that all fixed but the second mechanic... Worked great until recently when i moved to Portland... Had the power steering pump, rack n pinion, and brakes completely replaced before i came here... All had bad leaks.... Over all it had been a great car... All this time on the same battery.... Lights have dimmed with radio since i stated driving the Car... Or when the idle is down it dims slightly.... And recently not been starting all the time and speedometer bouncing when the accelerator is pressed.... Currently I'm driving with the radio face off to see if the drain stops... Thought back story may give other ideas as well

Wow, sounds like it's had some work done!

Normally what happens is the speed sensor on the transmission shorts out (due to the wiring at the sensor end fraying and cracking) and the PATS system will lockout. This will cause a no-start condition. Basic symptom is flashing PATS light (Red light on the center dash plate that says "Contour" - That is unless you swapped it out for a clock). Speed sensors are cheap and removeal and installation are pretty simple. I would start by checking that first as it's quite common.

-Dominic