Hello,

I like a Continental Contitech kit, but I don't know of a kit that includes a water pump.

Be sure to check out info on replacement procedures and using the proper tools will make it go much better. 

Terry Haines posted a lot of info about this.

Regards, 

AF

Stay away from the Gates kits, never had anything but issues especially with the included idlers and tensioners that come with the full kit.

What is the difference between the timing belt on the before and after 4/99 engines ,my engine is dated 4 /99 so it`s right on the cusp. ,vin does read 3 for the engine but I have read all different info. on the timing belt, some read 3/99 others read 5/99 as the cutoff for timing belt difference who is right? 

I only see a cutoff on the production date of 3/29/99. Before 3/29/99 is one style, From 3/29/99- is another style. You can call any Ford dealer service dept. and give them the VIN and they will give you the exact build date if you don't have it for reference. Since you are a 4/99 build you are in the after club on the cutoff date.

-Dominic

The valve covers are different. Just look at a known early one 95-98 and compare to yours. If the same it is early, if not it is VVT.

AF