Sign in to follow this  
jgirard2

Remote control fob

I need the remote control fob for a 1999 Mercury Mystique, where can I find one?

I need e replacement Remote Control Fob for a 1999 Mercury Mystique. Any ideas where I might find the correct one. My dealer had one, but it didn't work. The Mystique did everything it should: beeped its horn, flashed the parking lights, and locked the doors..... but the remote, nada.

I got mine in ebay. I think you only need to get one for a Contour of mystique. I have t got an extra one for my mystique but I've gotten several for my contours. 

AF

I got mine on ebay. I think you only need to get one for a Contour or Mystique. make sure it is for the correct year. I haven't got an extra one for my mystique but I've gotten several for my Contours. They were a reasonable price and all worked.

AF

Thanks. I have seen quite a few on eBay, but wondered if there was a better source. At least I got a key that the alarm would accept!

I just purchased a remote on eBay as well. Now let's just hope it works. The unit specifically said made for the Mystique 2.5 liter LS, which is my exact model.