Sign in to follow this  
Kingd3002

PVC Value Replacement

I have 1999 ford contour 2.0 lx and I was reading best way to replace the pcv valve is to remove the exhaust manifold if so is true that the exhaust manifold will not seal right even with an oem gasket also what else should done whole I have access to that part of the motor 

Normally it can be reached without removing the complete manifold. I've been able to reach it behind the manifold without removing it. It's a bugger, but it can be done. Most times once the manifold has been removed it may not seal correctly.  A new gasket will be required once removed as it crushes on installation. In certain cases, the manifold has warped enough that once it's removed it will never seat back the same way. The only remedy there would be to either have a machine shop flat plane the manifold face which would allow it to seal or replace it entirely.

-Dom

56 minutes ago, BuckeyeSVT said:

Normally it can be reached without removing the complete manifold. I've been able to reach it behind the manifold without removing it. It's a bugger, but it can be done. Most times once the manifold has been removed it may not seal correctly.  A new gasket will be required once removed as it crushes on installation. In certain cases, the manifold has warped enough that once it's removed it will never seat back the same way. The only remedy there would be to either have a machine shop flat plane the manifold face which would allow it to seal or replace it entirely.

-Dom

56 minutes ago, BuckeyeSVT said:

-Dom

Ok thx buckeye is it easier to remove the thermostat housing and go that way 

Easier? Maybe. Messier? Definitely... 😂

So I went too remove the thermostat housing and there is one 40mm bolt remove that pulled on the pcv valve hose and the value came out