Fastbutcrap

P1383 cam timing over retarded & P0340 camshaft pos sensor malf

(car is a 1999 ford contour 2.0L auto with 143k miles) to anyone who has experience with the 2.0l zetec, and either has had this problem before or may know a solution plz reply. so I have 3 codes, 2 codes are pretty serious: P1383 cam timing over retarded & P0340 camshaft position sensor malfunction. had the timing redone as well as what ever comes in the kit. car ran good besides running alittle rough the day I picked it up, fast forward a few days and its back to running terribly, it ticks some, disappears when driving. car starts up immediately, and when driving besides the lack of power and slight hiccups at higher speeds it drives fine. im just stumped, there seems to be no solution in sight. started leaking gas the day I took it to the independent mechanic place, cracked fuel pump. 3rd code was P0453  DTV Evap emissions control system pressure sensor high output. 

The issue could be that the preloading on the VCT wasn't done correctly, or the cams weren't locked into place. Only way I know to correct is take it apart and redo.

Was the cam sensor replaced?

Was the wiring and connector checked?

Regards

AF