FordContour.Org

Knocking in the front end

smith

I made a post before about a knocking in the front end and I recieved a few replies. The knocking only occures on quick bumpy roads (ie dirt roads), on on paved roads if there is a crack, or a hole patch. It is a quick knock almost a rattle but it is not. Since my last post on this topic I took some advice and replaced the stabilizer bar linkages all 4 struts, 4 springs, all the mounts and bushings. Had the complete front suspension checked and he said that the stab. bar and bushings are fine.

Could it something in the stearing linkage or does it still sound like the suspension?

Thanks in advance.

Guest Stock_tour04

probably a CV joint. i dont think you could have gotten all those new parts defective from the factory, so i would start there. and dont take it to a damn kwik car lube or whatever those things are for a diagnosis...take it to a respectable auto garage (preferrably private). but midas (since they specialize in suspension, brakes and exhaust) might be a decent place to go. i go there for a checkup every 3 months. cost me 29.95 to have everything lubed , all the fliuds filled and brake rotors inspected.

• 2 weeks later...

Inner Tie-rod......ummm.......the sound does sound like it is coming from the center of the front of the car. Something that loose there should be some play if I shake it by hand. But I work 7 days a week, 5 of them are 12+ hours a day, it is hard to find time to do anything.