FordContour.Org

sleeper357

Welcome to the site!

That's a nice color combo, sounds like you've got an early run 2000...

Look around and enjoy.

-Dom

Welcome to the site!

That's a nice color combo, sounds like you've got an early run 2000...

Look around and enjoy.

-Dom

thank you, I have searched but i cannot really find the answer to this ? A friend owns a muffler shop he wants to run duels no/cats from the log manifolds back and no y-pipe. is this ok or do i need him to make a y-pipe and install 2 high flo cats. I know without cats i will need o2 simulators but is this setup ok. ?

Yes, he can do that no problem. I would suggest having a cat on there however for emissions purposes - Even the police are cracking down on no cats now.

-Dom

Yes, he can do that no problem. I would suggest having a cat on there however for emissions purposes - Even the police are cracking down on no cats now.

-Dom

ok on the piping but in regards to the cats i have read that hi-flow cats are not that restricting is this true ? And what about backpressure should that be of concern Here in florida we did away with testing.

Thank you for taking the time to answer my ? Buckeye.

Backpressure isn't a concern. The Duratec by nature doesn't require a specific backpressure to run correctly.

I've seen pipe sizes from 2.25" to 3" duals run. In the very near future I'll have true duals with a modified original setup I used to run a long while back.

-Dom

Backpressure isn't a concern. The Duratec by nature doesn't require a specific backpressure to run correctly.

I've seen pipe sizes from 2.25" to 3" duals run.  In the very near future I'll have true duals with a modified original setup I used to run a long while back.

-Dom

Thanks, I new I could count on a fellow buckeye. my family is in sunbury just outside of columbus

gonna post any pics I wanna get a look at this, sound nice.

you bet i will... it should be interesting to see how he does it. He has never heard of a contour svt and i am not sure he knows what he is getting in too. I have seen the man do wonders with a pipe bender on boats,cars, dragsters. I did decide to go with cats though, just in case.