FordContour.Org

Project Green Machine

spike

An older retired lady in her 60's bought it without even driving it. I thought it was a little odd, but she had cash and wanted it ASAP.

Money talks, car walked.

-Dom

Guest KAOS_2.5M
An older retired lady in her 60's bought it without even driving it. I thought it was a little odd, but she had cash and wanted it ASAP.

Money talks, car walked.

-Dom

what did she pay for it and what kind of milage was on it?

Guest KAOS_2.5M
She paid $2,000 cash and it had 120,000 miles on it.

-Dom

wow, thats surprising when the blue book is at 2300. why do you buy all of these cars and modify them and then sell them for less than their value? what are you paying for them?

Less my friend, much less. Besides, I'm not out to make a killing on anything - So as long as it moves and I get a fair amount from it I don't really care. What's the use of hanging onto it for a few extra months to get another $500 or so out of it. When I make up my mind that something needs to go, I want it gone.

-Dom

Guest KAOS_2.5M
Less my friend, much less. Besides, I'm not out to make a killing on anything - So as long as it moves and I get a fair amount from it I don't really care. What's the use of hanging onto it for a few extra months to get another $500 or so out of it. When I make up my mind that something needs to go, I want it gone.

-Dom

could you PM me with some numbers? and are you finding them at auction, on e-bay, or through a friend at a dealership as trade ins?

could you PM me with some numbers? and are you finding them at auction, on e-bay, or through a friend at a dealership as trade ins?

All the above.

-Dom

should we tell them how much we have in the project black car...lol

Go ahead, I'm sure some people will not believe it...

-Dom

Guest KAOS_2.5M
The other option is to dazzle people with endless BS.

how should that be taken?

all I want to know is how much he's spending in a car and what his returns are. I'de say that should be anybodies first question at a performance entusiast site. I like driving fast, in the best car i can afford. at some point you reach a place were you have to throw ten times the money you could for a better platform trying to improve an inferior one beyond monetary practicality.

that axis of interests is basically what I'm trying to find for this vehicle. how tuned is tuned to the point you grow up to a better platform.

To end this arguement without saying any numbers, look at KBB or NADA.com for current retail value. Then subtract 50% and that's what we have in it including the motor and tune.

Happy? It's amazing the deals you can find on non-running SVT's. Plus factor in, I didn't charge any labor because it was my own. Then factor in all the discounts I get from vendors and my machine shop. Sooo... it is highly unlikely you will touch something like this for the same value unless you learn to do all this yourself, contract with many people and have some decent connections (and not just Bill J.). That is our positive point on this car, aside from the fact that we just drive the thing (and I'm sure Spike has no problem matting the carpet on the floorboard everytime he feels like it). Plus the fact it put down great numbers helps alot too... :D

-Dom

how should that be taken?

I was actually thinking of some members of other sites....

Dom can be pretty vague, and even secretive at times. But he's careful not to start blabbering on about his new idea before he's actually proven that it works. He has shared a few of his ideas with me in the past, and usually he gives me a hint and let's me figure it out on my own... he never lays it all out... he let's me guess until i get close and he responds with "uh huh :D".

It's fun to share ideas when you know they work, but it doesn't help anyone to spew useless information just because it sounds cool at the moment.... that happens alot on automotive forums, which I'm sure you've noticed if you visit several different car forums.

Guest KAOS_2.5M
I was actually thinking of some members of other sites....

Dom can be pretty vague, and even secretive at times. But he's careful not to start blabbering on about his new idea before he's actually proven that it works. He has shared a few of his ideas with me in the past, and usually he gives me a hint and let's me figure it out on my own... he never lays it all out... he let's me guess until i get close and he responds with "uh huh :D".

It's fun to share ideas when you know they work, but it doesn't help anyone to spew useless information just because it sounds cool at the moment.... that happens alot on automotive forums, which I'm sure you've noticed if you visit several different car forums.

yeah, I see what you mean