Sign in to follow this  
KNGSZE

Wrong Intake on SVTC?

A buddy of mine pointed out that I have the wrong upper intake on my SVTC. He said cause it has the rough finish it's a regular Duratec one,is this true? :angry:

Post pics later tonight,thanks dude's! ;)

What color is it? Does it have the black painted covering on it? I can polish mine and paint it purple and it would still be an svt intake. Show picts and we will go from there-

M

It may have been worn out, meaning the finish. I doubt anyone would put a non svt uim on a svt unless they were totaly STUPID. Mine isnt as shiney as when I got the car 4 years ago, heat from the engine will do that over time. You can see part of mine here. Dont mind the ebay intake, its just for shows.

2ai3k3b.jpg

Edited by ryanblacksvt

It may have been worn out, meaning the finish. I doubt anyone would put a non svt uim on a svt unless they were totaly STUPID. Mine isnt as shiney as when I got the car 4 years ago, heat from the engine will do that over time. You can see part of mine here. Dont mind the ebay intake, its just for shows.

2ai3k3b.jpg

not the shine but the texture,is yours rough or smooth

hold on I'll camera phone it :D

136602.jpg136603.jpg

My buddys is smooth,mine has a grainy feel he says "The factory duratec intakes are extruda honed (sp) and the outside is fished as well" for the SVTC :huh:

I'm not sure <_<

Edited by KNGSZE

Yes that looks like a csvt uim to me. Only the inside was extrude honed, there would be no reason to extrude hone the outside,lol.

Edited by ryanblacksvt

SE

DSC02419.JPG

SVT

DSC02427.JPG

Also the valve covers should match ... right now that is a SVT UIM on my SE ... soon to have SVT valve covers also ...

Yes that looks like a csvt uim to me. Only the inside was extrude honed, there would be no reason to extrude hone the outside,lol.

I know that but he was saying that they finish the outside differently :P

STOP!..damm you guys make it hard work!..Just look at the flange where the throttle body bolts to the manifold.If the top flange is flat then it is a stoc non SVT UIM,if that top edge is curved and has a matching cured top edge throttle body then it's an SVT.To hell with the color or external finish!... :rolleyes:

post-1268-1169231062_thumb.jpg post-1268-1169231894_thumb.jpg

Left is a std 2.5 V6,right is an SVT 2.5,note the top edge of the throttle body mount flange...

Hmmmm the egr passages are on the top of the opening vs the on the bottom? And only two ports into the air flow.

My NON on the bottom and three? but then my memory probably flawed?

Paul

"YORF"

...My NON on the bottom and three? but then my memory probably flawed?

Your memory is spot on. ;) and just in from the non with 3 egr ports are 3 'depression ridges' in the intake to help drag out the egr gases.

2ai3k3b.jpg

Ryan I know that you said it was just for shows, but have you noticed any difference performace wise between stock SVT intake and the $25 EBAY intake. I considered buying that intake for the adaptater and hoses. Did you have to mod any of the parts or did it all fit well enough? Is it the Bomz intake? I know everyone has such a high opinion of Bomz products. LOL

everyone has their opinion but the best intake for the svt contour to me is the K&N drop-in. my svt contour is down and out right now, but i had the kurtz kustoms intake on it and noticed nothing, maybe about 2 months later i decided to go back to the stock air box and bought the k&n filter for i think it was $48. with an open element air filter the engine tends to get hotter air than cooler air. the stock svt air box is actually perfect with a k&N. i envy you svt contour guys right now...damn it to hell!

its alright my 3l is coming soon :D