FordContour.Org

Ksport USA Coilover kit for the Contour

So a buddy of mine who will just be called "Mr. Sentra", told me about this company KsportUSA. He purchased for his car a coil over kit, I am helping him install this weekend. However in my Travels on the site I found an interesting tidbit of information. there is a full Coil over kit for the 97-00 Contour(Ksport Kontrol Pro P#CFD110-KP) with springs that state Fr7/392 Rear 5/168 spring lbs. any one have any experience with this Product/Company.... any input would be nice. also if you guys recommend the Bat Kit with Koni's instead of these, please say so.

They're a VERY popular option with the 3000gt/Dodge Stealth crowd I've recently become acquainted with. From what I've heard their early applications had issues with leaking, but this has since been resolved. The majority of people with them are satisfied from what I can tell. They're REALLY adjustable too.....I assume most of this info translates across their product line. I think they're a Korean company, if anybody's wondering.

I believe they are just like the D2 coilover setup, just painted another color.

Linky >> D2 Coilovers

Some of the guys around here have them, not sure who though.

Hikaru, from JLB Motorsports in CA. says that the kit is $800 SHipped to me in NH......Thats cheaper than the Koni/Bat Kit that I was looking into....the spring rates seem to be Fine. I will know better this weekend when I Help my Friend Put his in... the Springs are the same rate, and the car is about the same weight. so I will have a better understanding of the suspention.

Guest D's nuts

THat looksl iek a pretty sweet setup but 1300 is way to much for me. And coil overs suck anyway. Way to harsh

According to Ksport's application list:

Front 7/392

Rear 5/168

I'm not quite sure what that means, though... no other data is given. 7 coils at 392lb/in?

According to Ksport's application list:

Front 7/392

Rear 5/168

I'm not quite sure what that means, though... no other data is given. 7 coils at 392lb/in?

The Explination that I got from Hikaru at JLB Motorsports is that the kit comes with a 7kg/mm Spring in the front and 5kg spring for the Rear. to convert this Metric number(kg/mm) to the US Standard (lbs/in) you need multiply the number by 56....so that means that the Springs are.

392lbs/in at the front and 280lbs/in.

To Clearify the Price....I just bought mine on Friday for $800 and that is shipped to my house in New Hampshire, with direct shipping from the Ksport Facility in Arizona.

• 2 weeks later...

I have this kit and it says D2 on the package. There are minor differences between the D2's and the KSports. My KSports seem to ride VERY stiff...almost unbearable to drive with. I am going try them on full soft and see what happens. They may be forsale soon.....

Guest D's nuts
I have no idea what the "stock" ones weigh but I think they are about the same as the konis I had on. Maybe a tad bit lighter...nothing real noticeable.

No I was talking about compaired to the Ksports. Cause I see they are made of billet aluminum so I figured they would be alot lighter

• 9 months later...

Just adding my $.02, but I contacted a company called Impulse Performance Ltd. and here is a direct copy and paste from them as to what is to be expected from D2 Coilovers:

"Thank you for your email.

we no longer supply D2 products also know as k-sport, g force, g4 any many many more. the parent company Fu bu auto parts has been making these brands and have been flooding the market with all these coilovers in volume and we have found that the qaulity is getting worse and worse so have now dropped this product.

The products now have huge reliabilty problems and the factory refuses to change the design or listen to their distributor inputs and they will not warrent their products even though they promise too."

So I am not sure who I would go through. I would have to hear from customers who have used them, whether the D2's or the Ksports. Let me know if anybody has heard otherwise, or what they think. Also, how much would this effect the ride Dom or Terry? Would it be a product you would suggest to be okay for the Tour?

- J.D.

I have a set of the KSports, but have not installed them yet. From outward appearances, they look like a quality product, however, there is one design aspect that I am leary of. The front lower spring perch is too small in my opinion, especially for track use. I've been looking at ways to improve this, and I think I have found something to make it better.

It's little surprise that the part quality started going down hill. I suspect the more common applications like Hondas are where the problems are most apparent.

I have a set of the KSports, but have not installed them yet. From outward appearances, they look like a quality product, however, there is one design aspect that I am leary of. The front lower spring perch is too small in my opinion, especially for track use. I've been looking at ways to improve this, and I think I have found something to make it better.

It's little surprise that the part quality started going down hill. I suspect the more common applications like Hondas are where the problems are most apparent.

Hey Spridget, how does the piece look at the top. It seems to me that the pictures they have wouldn't fit our Tours with the single bolt at the top, unless the three holes need to be drilled. Also, how does the item look as far as ease of use. Adjustment seem possible without a lot of hassle? I am looking at this item to replace the stock setup I currently have. It will mainly be for car shows, to give a firmer feel to the ride, and lower appearance. I will not be using this for the track. I have enough problems around the car to keep me busy (see other posts). :unsure: Anyway, let me know. Especially if you have any pics of the ones for our rides. Thanks! Later!!

- J.D.

...on coilovers I'd advise 1)Lots of anti-seize on the threads and lock /pinch bolt on the adjuster 2)I've only ever used G/Control kits but be sure you have a quality product....If the adjusters lock up re salt spray etc...you will have a hell of a job!! 3) Use the correct 'C' wrenches to adjust height etc....

Hey Spridget, how does the piece look at the top. It seems to me that the pictures they have wouldn't fit our Tours with the single bolt at the top, unless the three holes need to be drilled. Also, how does the item look as far as ease of use. Adjustment seem possible without a lot of hassle? I am looking at this item to replace the stock setup I currently have. It will mainly be for car shows, to give a firmer feel to the ride, and lower appearance. I will not be using this for the track. I have enough problems around the car to keep me busy (see other posts). :unsure: Anyway, let me know. Especially if you have any pics of the ones for our rides. Thanks! Later!!

- J.D.

the piece at the top fits the stock strut mount. The pics you are looking at are probably for a different application. The Contour setup does not include the "pillow mount" or adjustable mount. The adjustment of the coil is the same as any other.

I can take more pics when I get home, but here is all I have for now. The short fat springs are the front, tall skinnys are the rear.

notice the bottom of the rear spring sits on a rubber insulator and fits the lower mount fairly well. The front spring bottom sits directly on the lower mount with no insulator and the diameter is just a bit too big. I'm worried that under extreme stress (high speed hard cornering) the spring could shear the edges of the mount off, causing the spring to collapse down around the strut body.

gallery_2786_24_268996.jpg

Guest KAOS_2.5M
http://www.speedwaymotors.com/pl/154,864_C...82-C320.F_L.JPG

This is what I am thinking of using to help the lower mount. It's a little beefier than the KSport mount. I just need to make sure the thread is the same. The KSport springs are 2.5" ID.

those look pretty good for 800 bucks.

I wonder why there are so many issues with coilovers for this car

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.