• Zymol
    • Meguiars
    • Zaino
    • Turtle Wax
    • Collinites
    • Mothers
    • Nu Finish
    • Other

Since spring is in full swing, I figured I'd find out what everyone chooses as their best wax. I have my favorite that I've been using for years... but everyone has their own favorites and I wouldn't be opposed to trying something new.

-Dom

I started using Turtle Wax when I used to run concrete boom pumps. If you have ever seen a boom pump you can imagine how tough it is to clean but Turtle Wax always brought back the shine. And concrete does not stick to it :)

I have a bottle of "ICE" from Turtle Wax... Used it on our Fusion. Works ok, however it doesn't last long at all. I have some Blue Coral products here along with a bunch of professional products like Castle others that I use as well.

-Dom

I love my Meguiar's Gold Class paste. I use a professional cleaner wax first then Gold Class and the paint looks a mile deep.

In the winter I use Insulator Wax (I forget who makes it) becuase it resists saltspray, works pretty good.

Collinites is sweet, but its b!$@h to rub off. When It gets really hot out the chemicals seperate in the bottle too. I have had that happen to 2 bottles that I bought, then the seperated chemicals must make some sort of gas and the cap ends up blowing off. I would suggest keeping that stuff in the house or in the fridge to keep it away from the heat. It lasts forever though, and makes the car look sweet.

I dont really use Collinites on my car anymore, but Ill use it on other peoples. For me its the first 3 meguiars steps in the spring.......then nothing but zaino until the snow falls!

i just clay barred my Xb last week and i used Eagle 1 nano wax. it came out very smooth and a soft, wet looking shine. i haven't washed it yet after i did that but i am sure the water will roll right off....i drove it to charlotte yesterday for the coke 600 race and it is dusty as hell, and full of bugs so i will get it washed later today after the sun gets down enough to wash it in the shade. but it went on very easy and came off easy. it gets a thumbs up so far from the results i have.

Ben

well since the poll has meguairs in the lead check this out. I did a side by side with Meguairs and Zaino. Yes it is very close and its hard to tell from the pic but I feel zaino wins out over the Meguairs for a three step process. Basically that is what I used before I got my car painted and switch to Zaino.

just wondering...whats the "three step process" thats keeps popping up?

before I had my car painted I found Meguiars Three step process at Autozone. It was step1 a paint cleaner, step 2 a polish and step 3 was a carnuba wax. I used steps one and two then topped with NXT instead of the carnuba since it lasts longer. However with that being said the carnuba does produce a nice deep shine.

DSC03542.JPG

now for Zaino the three step i tried was their ZPC - paint cleaner, Z-AIO, their new all in one clean, polish protectant, and the Z-CS sealant.

DSC03543.JPG

Otherwise I have just used Z5 and Z2 on my contour topped with Z6.

if you think about it using a product that is a all in one is a compromise. There is no way it will be as good as individual products made for a specific purpose. Like many other I started off using Meguiars cleaner wax. It works well but then I started using scratch-X first then the cleaner wax. Finally I went to the Meguiars three step which was the paint cleaner/polish/wax. Each time the results where better. Now with new paint on my car i stepped it up again and went to Zaino. There is no looking back for me as Zaino is very easy to use and the dpeth/shine/wet look is unbelieveable. I just hit my car again with some Z5 and Z6 and I was drolling over how the paint looked. Also a little zaino goes a very long way.

Overall the thing with waxs, etc is what works best for one maynot be best for someone else.

hahahaha I wish man. I use Mequiars soft wash nxt gel soap, followed by Turtle wax liquid clay bar, then wash again, dry with "the absorber". Mequiars polish, nxt tech wax. For the wheels I wax them with tech wax and use Mequiars insane shine nxt tire shine. The inside I wax the painted parts and the rest gets a rag with simple green on it. The engine bay gets simple green and a rag. The headlights and tails get Meguiars plastic cleaner, then Mequiars plastic polish, then a heavy coat of tech wax. And all my rags are microfiber including my sponge. Then done!