Here's what I'll be driving when the gas goes out of control!

BuckeyeSVT

I have a fallback leisure vehicle that I can ride when the price of gas reaches $4.00... Being that it gets 70+ MPG it's a nice option when I could ride to work for a week on $8.00 gas.

Here's some pics:

med_gallery_1032_112_116692.jpg

med_gallery_1032_112_586869.jpg

Only 7700 miles, it's pretty cherry except for the last owner laying the bike down once - Then they stopped riding it altogether. The damage is minimal, the right front turn signal is broke and the muffler is scraped up. Other than that it runs great and is current on all maintenance.

med_gallery_1032_112_220092.jpg

Oh well, looks like I might be using it for more than leisure soon.

-Dom

Guest D's nuts

haha hell yeah! I would rifde that thing ever day to work. Man damn waiting id been riding that lol. Guess thats the one you were picking up last time we was talking on the phone

Yep, couldn't pass up the price (free) and having a good contigency until after the 4th of July helps... Apparently the fuel prices are going to raise up until that time and then start to even off. If this gas tax issue goes through gas will never go below $3.00 a gallon.

-Dom

Very cool Dom!! What year is it?

1983... Cool huh?

-Dom

Very. OK here's mine. ONLY 36mpg. It's got mild cams and almost open exhaust......BUT TONNNNNNS more fun riding to work!!!!! $15 to fill it last week and I was choking on that. $42 to fill the tour!!!

post-6263-1179795872_thumb.jpg

Yeah, still 36MPG is better than 25MPG.... And add the fun factor to it. However I think this is a temporary solution as the gas prices show no signs of dropping anywhere near where they were a year ago.

-Dom

Guest D's nuts

Damn it dom it not fair you always come across these kick ass deals. And thats a sweet ass bike

Prius or Golf/Jetta TDI - 40+ mpg and no helmet required :)

My mom drives an 04 Jetta GLS TDI... She loves it. However, diesel fuel has always been more expensive than gasoline until now.

-Dom

• 5 months later...
My mom drives an 04 Jetta GLS TDI... She loves it. However, diesel fuel has always been more expensive than gasoline until now.

-Dom

I'd luv to that new 2008 Jetta wagon w/2.0 diesel, unfortunately no dealer in the Mansfield area? I understand these new super diesel opton wouldn't be cheap/affordable? I like the idea of burning Bio-diesel. I understand a 2.5l 5 cylinder direct gas upgraded to 170hp will be in the lower 40's on highway????

What's wrong putting 2.0 turbo diesel in large vehicles? Evidently this segment in our country"has more than money sense" must be much larger than I realize?

$8000 for the Ford Power-stroke is too much with the high price diesel and Chinese demand pushing higher. Come on bio-diesel or used restaurant vegetable. ie Science channel's latest? Won't be long and the restaurants won't be giving it away?

I buy the VW "UP" right now, I don't understand the hold-up with US not being offered High mileage cars? I've heard Fords reason is the extra cost for this new EPA certified CR Turbo diesel? So they a leaning towards Direct-injection gas. As gas prices go up at the pumps more & more people are going to be in the market. I could care less what others think, it's more hard earned dollars and I have other priorities, keeping 98 Mistake around forever, Ham radio, grandkids to spoil etc etc etc. :rolleyes:

Hybrids not for me, my previous knowledge/experiences these are way to far from "kiss" design. Ie the AC system on the Honda Civic two compressors 1 on the gas engine and a very tiny electric one. I sent this info to a very knowledgeable HVAC troubleshooter and his reply to me "that will be one nightmare to troubleshoot"! If they don't embed troubleshooting software into the system (engineering and many thousands hours R&D) the customer will go broke. He works with commercial HVAC that is similar.

It's so hard to stay on topic when I start thinking about the US. energy problems! :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...
....I'll take 200 MPG on diesel and build one of these!!!!!!

www.rqriley.com/xr3.htm

While it may not get 70mpg, it sure beats the heck out of the S4 I'm driving with it's ~15mpg.

I've gotten about 40-45mpg on it, could do better if i grandpa'd it everywhere.

track2.jpg

rsix3.jpg

It'll be painted a metallic burnt orange in the coming weeks :)

Very nice Adam,

May be in the market for an R6 this year after I get hitched...lol.

(Money has to be saved for wedding - If I get it before I'm sure some sort of karmic disaster will ensue). :lol:

-Dom

Very nice Adam,

May be in the market for an R6 this year after I get hitched...lol.

(Money has to be saved for wedding - If I get it before I'm sure some sort of karmic disaster will ensue). :lol:

-Dom

Tends to be how most things work out!