FordContour.Org

Looking to Purchase

shawn

Im looking to purchase CATALYTIC CONVERTERs off anyones Contour. I have a 1997 2.5 ( V6) in order for me to pass inspection in NYstate I need 2 new ones , they want over 400 bucks to have 2 new ones installed.. Yikes. Or how can I bypass this to sneak the inspection procedure?? HaHa Ha.. Joking..Not really ,LOL :wallbash:

Im looking to purchase CATALYTIC CONVERTERs off anyones Contour. I have a 1997 2.5 ( V6) in order for me to pass inspection in NYstate I need 2 new ones , they want over 400 bucks to have 2 new ones installed.. Yikes. Or how can I bypass this to sneak the inspection procedure?? HaHa Ha.. Joking..Not really ,LOL :wallbash:

Is this due to your P0420/P0430 codes? See my previous post under your failed inspection topic. You may also be able to wire in some MIL eliminators to fool the ECM, depending on the full list of codes you are getting. Also I think I remember there being a TSB about reprogramming the ECM to raise the threshold for the cat efficiency.

Does your OBDII scanner/reader allow you to view the list of 'monitors'?

My tuner doesnt show the High excessive flow on left and right banks, I thought it was all clear after clearing codes. I waited like 20 miles and the Computer stop showing the (Not readysignal after the inial clearing)

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, there is a way to "trick" the PCM. As previously mentioned, you can make your own MIL eliminators and install them. This causes the PCM to see that the system is working. However, if NY does a "sniff" test. It will more than likely fail due to the clogged cats.