FordContour.Org

2000 SVT Low on power, ideas

Ourobos

Well, pulled the intake, cleaned a bunch of oily residue out of it, put new intake gaskets on. Car idles too low now, about 400 rpm, and doesn't run any better. Anyone want to buy a SVT? I'm at a loss.

Did you replace the PCV while you were in there? From what I understand, it can cause rough idle and bad performance if it's clogged..

Also, I take it you've cleaned or replaced the IAC already..?

Don't give up hope yet -- it'll be worth it when you get it top notch!

Edited by jeffmknight

Did not do the PCV.. After I got it all together, turns out my rear valve cover gasket is seeping a bit.. Wish I would have caught that while the intake was off.. Guess it'll come back off to replace that as soon as I have time. I'll do the PCV then also. Are you referring to just the one-way valve? Is there a screen or anything below it that needs replaced? I have not cleaned the IAC, but being a Mustang guy know this can cause an irratic idle, I'll clean it pronto also.

Thanks

Well, picked it up from the shop today with good news.. The previous owner had put new coil packs, plugs and wires on it. I had pulled a plug to check gap, which was correct.. Shoulda checked the rest of his work.. Had two coil pack wires that weren't getting good connection, and two plug wires crossed.. It had basically been running on 3 cylinders.. Man, it feel like it has 100 more hp. Now to get to the suspension, body work, paint, and small misc. stuff. Thanks for the help guys.

Head to pull a part in Nashville TN tomorrow for a front bumper, header panel, headlights, and misc. stuff. There's a 99 SVT down there, I'll snap some pics if anyone needs anything, maybe save some cash. The bumper cover is costing me a measly $75 :)