FordContour.Org

EGR Valve Tube

Jillian

Hello all,

I'm in need of a new ERG Valve Tube,but I can not find it new or used.  :wallbash:

So was wondering is there a car still being produced that would interchange with that part? 

I have found one used but they don't want to take it off the engine.

I'm kinda desperate to find a solution.

I can't take my old one off to clean it.

Thanks for the help,Jill  :D

I'm confused. If you can't take the old one off to clean it, how do you plan on replacing it?

If it's a 2.5 liter, the Cougar of the same year is the same. Maybe look for those? I had to get intake bolts from one of those.

Edited by dchawk81

It's a V6  2.5

I took it in to be worked on and that is what they said was throwing the code. when they tried to take it off  they were worried that is was going to break,

and since i can't just run out and get a new one we had better wait till i can get one to replace it.

...with a P0401 code on a V6 the first thing to check,as you have, are the drillings in the intake manifold behind the t/body.If clogged they should be cleaned first.If the code returns then,in 9 out of 10 cases it is either the DPFE sensing lines off or split and/or the sensor ...

Yeah I found conflicting information as well as that it could be any or all of those things, so I started easiest to hardest. New EGR valve then MAF sensor cleaning then new DPFE then finally taking the throttle body off.

I may have wasted some bucks but hey now I know it's all new/fresh!

This issue,blocked passages on intake manifold,is usually worse on the SVT Vs non svt manifolds. Look at the the pics below,in the first you will see the area with the red dot is very narrow on the SVT...with a little work with a dremmel etc ,second pic, you can open up this area a little which helps the flow and removes the restriction..

egrpassages1.JPG

egrpassages2.JPG

Sorry iv been sick so haven't been able to respond.

This isn't the first round with this.

I don't have the code but i'll get it.

The first time i took it in,their was a little hose that had come off. replaced it she ran like new.

Then a while after that we had to replace the EGR valve itself.

Now it being a year or two later here we are again,and this is what i'm being told. 

Like i said i don't have the code but i will get them as fast as i can and post them.

Thanks Jill

Most rare for the egr valve to fail..it's usually 1)the blocked passages 2)DPFE sensor or hoses 3) EGR operating sol for the vac line to the egr valve,not the valve itself...IF the sensing hose keep 'blowing off' it can be due to another issue but I suggest the first items are checked ...

When we had to replace the hose it was because it was cracked. If i'm not mistaken.

That was the only time i had any trouble with the hose. And she ran like a champ.

The same thing when we replaced the EGR Valve.

So i don't know....

Sorry i haven't gotten the code for you ,

My health isn't the best and have had a lot of Doc apt's been very busy/sick.