FordContour.Org

1998 2.0L Zetec - Scheduled Maintenance

SolidStateSHO

Hello,

I had a peak around teh site and didn't see what I was looking for so I thought I would ask

My girlfriend's parents own a 1998 'tour with a 2.0L Zetec 4 cylinder. It just rolled over 100k, so some scheduled maintenance is in order.

What is on the list? On my Taurus SHO, a timing belt, waterpump, plugs, wires and valve lash is required. I am assuming something similar is required on the 'tour, so I am looking for suggestions.

Any help or input is welcome.

Cheers

What is on the list? On my Taurus SHO, a timing belt, waterpump, plugs, wires and valve lash is required. I am assuming something similar is required on the 'tour, so I am looking for suggestions.

[/b]

You forgot the Serp Belt, pretty much just like the SHO except for the Valve lash. I have never seen a post about changing out the shims on the 2.0L like the 3.0/3.2L, but you never know.

When you change the Timming belt you have to have some sort of lock (either buy the tool or create your own) so the cam shafts do not move. There are no aliagnment marks on the back like on the SHO. :angry: (What were they thinking?)

Space wise you do have more room to work than the SHO engine bay, but you have to remove the engine mount on the passanger side (support the enigine!) before you can do anything.

That is all I can think of off hand.