FordContour.Org

Question about IAC valve....

RobS

I always buy Motorcraft parts for the car but this time dont really want to and cant really afford to, an IAC at Autozone is $71, where at Ford is $189 + tax so over $200.

Anyways the car has died once when put in reverse and wanted to yesterday to before I hit the gas. The thing has a rough idle all the time worse with heater on though, but compared to having defrost or heater it is better woth defrost on.

Anyways think I need to replace it, has anyone brought one from Autozone if so did it turn out okay?

thanks

Edited by RobS

I always buy Motorcraft parts for the car but this time dont really want to and cant really afford to, an IAC at Autozone is $71, where at Ford is $189 + tax so over $200.

Anyways the car has died once when put in reverse and wanted to yesterday to before I hit the gas. The thing has a rough idle all the time worse with heater on though, but compared to having defrost or heater it is better woth defrost on.

Anyways think I need to replace it, has anyone brought one from Autozone if so did it turn out okay?

thanks

I'd like to know that too...I swear, this will be the third one I've had to replace on my 1995 V6 if it keeps getting worse. Has anyone figured out a decent cleaning technique to save one that's starting to go out?

I'd like to know that too...I swear, this will be the third one I've had to replace on my 1995 V6 if it keeps getting worse.  Has anyone figured out a decent cleaning technique to save one that's starting to go out?

The only way to clean one out is to squirt some carb cleaner into it, reinstall and go for a spirited drive. Otherwise you are SOL.