FordContour.Org

New Toy, not free :(

JSUMoose1489

I picked this up today, however I had to pay for mine. We can't all be lucky like Dom!! It was at freedom powersports in kenessaw GA and if anyone is in the market and close, I would give them a shout, they were fantastic.

post-952-1181162194_thumb.jpg

Edited by JSUMoose1489

This is actually really comfortable and the main reason I went with it. I'll be driving it 70 miles a day, and needed something that was a little easier on the goods......

the last sport bike i rode was a CBR600F4i, it wasn't bad. The last sport bike I owned was a CBR600F3, that was rough. Even with a Corbin seat, 1 hour was the max for saddle time. Stock seat was only 15 minutes.

I miss the power and agility of sport bikes, but my nuts don't miss going numb. So now I got a Harley.... makes my ass go numb. <_>

Doesn't matter, I'll suffer to ride... the ride is worth it.

At 50 mpg it'll pay for itself in 2 years! My Uncle out in CA owns an All-American Dealership, Buell, Harley, Titan, American Ironhorse etc etc, he's going to freak when he finds out I bought a crotch rocket!

At 50 mpg it'll pay for itself in 2 years! My Uncle out in CA owns an All-American Dealership, Buell, Harley, Titan, American Ironhorse etc etc, he's going to freak when he finds out I bought a crotch rocket!

Aah come on a bikers a biker. I got a numb ass too but it's ok I'm numb between the ears!! :lol: :lol:

Aah come on a bikers a biker. I got a numb ass too but it's ok I'm numb between the ears!! :lol: :lol:

A Biker is a biker but a Harley biker is different. When I am out ridin, Maybe 1 or 2 Harley Riders will accually wave back. Some of them are just ass holes.

yeah, i never understood the hog rider/sport biker stand off. I ride both. I wave at everyone.

Same here man. I have only riden Crusers but I like the crotch rockets and thats accually who I ride with too. My father in law and I have Cruisers and my unclein laws ave sport bikes (Honda Superhawk 999 and another 1000cc Honda).

A Biker is a biker but a Harley biker is different. When I am out ridin, Maybe 1 or 2 Harley Riders will accually wave back. Some of them are just ass holes.

yeah, i never understood the hog rider/sport biker stand off. I ride both. I wave at everyone.

Well I'm with yall. My first street legal ride was a Honda CX650. A V twin turned sideways. Owned many harleys over the years and never followed all that HD crap. Dumped my road king once and an ultra classic I had twice and every time I was saved by crotch rocket riders. Too many of these new HD owners ( and some of my own friends ) are what I call weekend tough guys. They buy the bike and some clothes and they think they're Peter Fonda..... Never felt that way....never will. B)

Had one of those in college... a 750 Katana as well. Still have some old pictures of it and miss it from time to time. Mine had a good riding position and an aftermarket seat (Corbin I think).

Sold it when I graduated.

Used to go 140 miles round trip to see (well more than just "see") my girlfriend who is now my wife.

$6 for gas round trip back in the late '90's.

My only advice especially for a dark colored bike - assume no one sees you and that you are invisible to most idiots on the road.

hey since we are on the topic..

I was YouTubing one day and came across a vid of this dude on a Suzuki Hayabusa (spelling). I guess it was suped and modded producing around 500 Hp. the video of thisbike is crazy..

I am just wondering for all of the riders who might know, is that a pile of bunk or is the Hayabusa capeable of that power?

Too many of these new HD owners ( and some of my own friends ) are what I call weekend tough guys. They buy the bike and some clothes and they think they're Peter Fonda..... Never felt that way....never will. B)

I work with a guy that owns two late model Screamin' Eagle bikes... a Dyna custom and a Road King/Ultra Classic thing. Dresses in the full leather, keeps his hair kinda long.... the dude is an anesthesiologist, and a priss in the OR. But he must think he's a big tough guy on his pretty HD's. I guess he can afford it.

hey since we are on the topic..

I was YouTubing one day and came across a vid of this dude on a Suzuki Hayabusa (spelling). I guess it was suped and modded producing around 500 Hp. the video of thisbike is crazy..

I am just wondering for all of the riders who might know, is that a pile of bunk or is the Hayabusa capeable of that power?

yeah, wind 'em out to 16k rpm, spray'd with giggle gas and a turbo.

the busa' is thje fastest production bike. As for being seen, I have a black helmet :( But just bought a Joe Rocket Jacket that's neon yellow with reflective writing and piping.

the busa' is thje fastest production bike. As for being seen, I have a black helmet :( But just bought a Joe Rocket Jacket that's neon yellow with reflective writing and piping.

I ride a dark purple HD, but my helmet is bright green, and my jackets are bright yellow (Joe Rocket also).... carryovers from my sport bikes, but makes me more visible.

and I'm a firm believer in "Loud Pipes Save Lives"

loud pipes on a crotch rocket sounds like a pissed off bumble bee... A sound that makes most of us cringe.... I'd rather hear nails on a chalkboard!

oh... but loud pipes on a Ducati :blink:

gives me a stiffy every time.