FordContour.Org

Lock trouble

jad5172

Hello. I'm new to the site, in fact this is my first post. Recently, my 96 Contour has been having power lock trouble. And by that, I mean they haven't been working. I checked the inside fuse box under the steering wheel, but the fuse was fine for it. Now I'm not the best with cars, but I'm not the worst. I was wondering if someone could fill me in exactly what may be wrong with it? I'm thinking its the R29 relay. I'm a college kid, so is this a time consuming thing? I'd like to think I can do it myself. So if someone could help me out with this, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

Hello. I'm new to the site, in fact this is my first post. Recently, my 96 Contour has been having power lock trouble. And by that, I mean they haven't been working. I checked the inside fuse box under the steering wheel, but the fuse was fine for it. Now I'm not the best with cars, but I'm not the worst. I was wondering if someone could fill me in exactly what may be wrong with it? I'm thinking its the R29 relay. I'm a college kid, so is this a time consuming thing? I'd like to think I can do it myself. So if someone could help me out with this, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

does it even make a noise when you try to lock or unlock?

realys are just pull and replace, but finding someone other then a dealer that has them might be tough.. im still looking for a intermittent wiper relay.. sheesh

does it even make a noise when you try to lock or unlock?

realys are just pull and replace, but finding someone other then a dealer that has them might be tough.. im still looking for a intermittent wiper relay.. sheesh

no, haha nothing. i push the lock/unlock button and it doesn't do a thing.

okay, i just got out of my car and the locks started locking and unlocking by themselves. does that help explain?
sounds like a loose connection, check yer relay behind the dash fer a loose connection, could be the power and or nuetral wire(s)

Will do. Anyone know a site I can check out some diagrams to figure out exactly which one it is?
a wiring diagram won't help you, but a pic with location will help. I thought that buckeyesvt had put all that kind of stuff on this site, then again I never checked 'cause I have a cd at home. If I remeber tonight I'll cut and paste one fer ya.

Pin Number Circuit Circuit Function 1 33 (Y/GN) LF Door Switch Unlock 2 29 (O/BK) LH Front Door Switch Power Supply 29 (O/BK) LH Front Door Unlock 3 — Not Used 4 31 (BK) Switch Illumination Ground 31 (BK) LH Front Door Lock Actuator Ground 5 29S (O/BL) Door Lock Switch Illumination Supply 6 — Not Used 7 32 (W/BK) LH Front Door Lock 32 (W/GN) LH Front Door Switch Lock

• The door locks are inoperative

• Circuit.
  • Anti - theft/central locking module (if equipped).
  • Power lock control relay (if equipped).
  • Fuse.
  • Door lock switch.

• GO to Pinpoint Test B

B1 CHECK FUSE 25 (20A)

B2 CHECK CIRCUIT 29 - AA13 (OG/BU) OR 29 - AA17 (OG/WH) FOR VOLTAGE

B3 CHECK CIRCUIT 31 - AA8 (BK) FOR OPEN

B4 CHECK THE DOOR LOCK SWITCH UNLOCK CIRCUIT TO THE DOOR LOCK RELAY OR CENTRAL LOCKING MODULE FOR VOLTAGE C1911 - 1, circuit 33 - AA13 (YE/RD)

door lock relay C1911 - 5, circuit 32 - AA13 (WH/RD) central locking module C451b - 3, circuit 32 - AA17 (WH/VT

CHECK THE OPERATION OF THE INOPERATIVE DOOR LOCK Is lock stuck or binding?

that's all I can pull up fer '96 on my disk. my info is incomplete fer that year for some reason, matter of fact '99 and '00 are the only years that have pics, the rest are hit and miss by the vehicle. puzzling? :huh: I apologize... :angry: do you have keyless? the last on the checklist.

Edited by dub