FordContour.Org

Gauge cluster with tach?

Guest KAOS_2.5M

Guest KAOS_2.5M

so while I was at the yard today, they had two vehicles with gauges that had tachs, I know one was in a 97-2000 but I'm not sure on the year cause it was marked as a 93, haha, wtf

but...

they were both in cars with automatics.

is that a problem? I'm pretty sure the new looking one is a 98 or newer just from the looks of the interior and stuff, but idk.

what should I look for to prove it?

and btw, theres a few sets of early sailpanels in there in pretty good shape if anybody is interested.

• 3 weeks later...
so while I was at the yard today, they had two vehicles with gauges that had tachs, I know one was in a 97-2000 but I'm not sure on the year cause it was marked as a 93, haha, wtf but... they were both in cars with automatics. is that a problem? I'm pretty sure the new looking one is a 98 or newer just from the looks of the interior and stuff, but idk. what should I look for to prove it? and btw, theres a few sets of early sailpanels in there in pretty good shape if anybody is interested.
are you asking if a 98 gauge cluster will fit in a 97 or what? I'm confused on the description and question. The only way that'll work is if you have the correct harness wiring and such. You could diy a harness and wire it up but that alone would take 10 hours of straight work. Checking the specs and tracking down all of the wire stops along the way. So if you do it take the harnesses too!

Guest KAOS_2.5M
are you asking if a 98 gauge cluster will fit in a 97 or what? I'm confused on the description and question. The only way that'll work is if you have the correct harness wiring and such. You could diy a harness and wire it up but that alone would take 10 hours of straight work. Checking the specs and tracking down all of the wire stops along the way. So if you do it take the harnesses too!

wow, I had completely forgotten about this post, haha

I was basically asking if a cluster from an auto would work on a 5spd, assuming the cluster was from a year that had the electronic speedo.