FordContour.Org

"V6 GAS CONSUMPTION"

chillin

Hey Guys,

I need to do a comparison. This is for all the contour owners that have the v6 automatic. What are you averaging for gas milege in city/highway. Or just tell me what your milege is per tankful when you are easy on the gas pedal and doing the speed limit.

thanks.............

chillin

I don't currently own a v6/auto but when I had my 99 Mystique I averaged low 30's all highway, cruising from 55-65mph. Around town the worst I ever got was 21mpg but that was a full tank of 10 minute trips in the middle of winter... It typically saw mid 20's if my right foot wasn't on the floor... B)

I don't currently own a v6/auto but when I had my 99 Mystique I averaged low 30's all highway, cruising from 55-65mph. Around town the worst I ever got was 21mpg but that was a full tank of 10 minute trips in the middle of winter... It typically saw mid 20's if my right foot wasn't on the floor... B)

Yeah i really like the power of this v6, but stomp the gas a few times and it gets thirsty! Might as well have a 302 under the hood. :lol:

It's hard to drive it without getting into the go peddle. Trip from Florida to CT at about 70 - 75 mph averaged between 29 - 30. Around town and never on the highway 18 - 19, but I like to use the imrc, It sounds so sweet at 6 grand. :yahoo: I don't care about the milage. It's better than the Jeep Grand Cherokee I had before it which was a 4.0 streight 6. Great engine but a slug to drive.

Hey Guys,

I need to do a comparison. This is for all the contour owners that have the v6 automatic. What are you averaging for gas milege in city/highway. Or just tell me what your milege is per tankful when you are easy on the gas pedal and doing the speed limit.

thanks.............

chillin

Hello, some months ago, I made a trip and I measured this, I got 310 miles for the whole tank, this was at highway, most of the time we were at 100 mph, it was about 20 mpg, low, but it was due the constant high speed, think it would had given a better milleage at lower speeds.

I have an ATX V6.

Hello, some months ago, I made a trip and I measured this, I got 310 miles for the whole tank, this was at highway, most of the time we were at 100 mph, it was about 20 mpg, low, but it was due the constant high speed, think it would had given a better milleage at lower speeds.

I have an ATX V6.

yeah, i was looking for a baseline to compare the gas milage of other contour v6 automatic owners to my car. If i am constantly on the highway doing around 60mph i will get around 30mpg. I would like to get a little more, but the old girl has 140,000 miles on the clock and runs strong, so i can't really complain! Just changed the plug wires but not the plugs because they still looked fairly new. Maybe a fresh set of plugs might boost the milege a bit.

But i must say that this v6 is one of the most entertaining stock engines i have ever owned. It just loves to rev and pulls with authority and sounds so sweet. yesterday some nut was tailgating me on the highway when i was doing 60mph.

He stayed behind me for at least a few miles and was testing my patience. I looked in my rear view mirror and could see him grinning at me. He finally pulled out to pass me and as the nose of his car was about level with my rear door i stomped the petal. I brought the speedo up to about 100mph, and he stayed in the same spot. He couldn't get past me. When i let off he passed. Needless to say he didn't look to happy. He was driving a pontiac g6 with the 200 horsepower v6. I couldn't stop grinning. :bleh: