FordContour.Org

FORD CENTRAL TIMER UNIT (CTU)

Terry - do you know if this test, listed below is applicable to our 'Tour/Mystique/Cougar CTU pn# 94BG-14K150-AE ?

Thanks -

93 Mondeo Central Timer Test

Anything on the '93 Mondeo that is timed i.e. Heated rear screen, interior lamp, wipers is controlled by the Central Timer module. To test the functionality of the module you can carry out a Central Timer Self Test.

• Turn the wiper switch to the first position.
  • While holding in the heated rear screen switch, turn the ignition on and release the switch
  • Each time the heated rear screen switch is press one of the following will occur :- 
  • The interior lamp will illuminate.
  • The wipers will sweep
  • The heated rear screen lamp will illuminate
  • The door ajar chime will sound
  • The cycle will repeat until the ignition is switch off

If one of the above does not occur then there is a fault in that system. It is very rare for one of these modules to fail.

..OK, yes Mondeo sales started in 93 with cars built in 92. Took a look at the early Mondeo wiring info I have and it makes no reference to that test. FWIW I doubt that the USA Contour has the same test as wiring etc between the two countries was not the same and the later Contour launch had many changes over the UK models etc.. I guess you could try the procedure...It 'may work' on say a 95 Contour ...

Agree - it "may" work. I was just offering up the test that I found on a Euro Owners Club site.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.