FordContour.Org

What other model steering wheels will fit 99 column?

900Contour

I bought an average Sony car stereo off the open box clearance table at Best Buy,

just because is said it has hands free Bluetooth for cell phone.

I just wanted hands free calling and at least as good as factory sound.

I bought new Kenwood speakers for all the doors, again because I found them on clearance, lol.

But wow I'm pleasantly surprised how great it sounds and I can feel the beat without a sub.

I have a Nokia Lumia Windows cell phone and voice recognition Cortona makes calling and texting

completely hands and eyes free.  I can us the track +/- buttons on stereo to change the song on my phone.

The Sony has steering wheel radio control inputs.

So I want to head to the junk yard and find another Ford steering wheel that has the cruise and audio buttons.

I've looked in Taurus, but surprised non I've found have audio, only cruise. 

I've found everything I want on a Freestar and Freestyle steering wheel, but are these consider to be truck and

different size mount like GM does?  I've done this swap before with GM cars, taking donor clock spring and all wiring.

But 90's model GM had larger mounting shaft on trucks than cars. 

Was wondering if Ford does the same or will a Freestar/Freestyle steering wheel fit? 

Thank you,

Kevin

Edited by 900Contour
  • Like 1

Good questions you ask!!! I can only vouch for the 'Tour/Mystique steering wheels being interchangable as well as the Cougar from '98 thru 2002. Maybe the Cougar XR7 model had audio controls on the steering wheel. Ask over on the NECO site - http://www.newcougar.org/forums/forum.php

Mine do not. But i was wondering myself if bulbs were blown or if they never did. I'm surprised at 16 years old that all door panel switches and dash lights work. My cruise buttons are the only ones that dont light up.

• 1 month later...