FordContour.Org

Riding Mower Help

MrsFurby

:( We have a Briggs & Stratton riding mower. We were having problems with it staying running, but got that fixed. Apparently there was a res twistie stuck in the fuel hole in the gas tank. No problem there, except now mower loses all power and quits running when I engage the deck. Anyone have any idea as to why? We really need to get this thing fixed sometime today so we can get the lawn mowed for tomorrows lawn inspection. I appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance.

Most Briggs have a governor assembly which when the throttle is set to a certain speed if the engine load increases it increases the throttle opening to keep the rpm's steady.

I would check their first.

-Doc

Okay, I tried adjusting that carb screw, it helped, for a few minutes. LOL, then the thing pootered out on me AGAIN. Well, at least I got all of my neighbor's yard done, and pretty much all of mine, enough to get through inspection, until next Wendesday anyway. Hopefully by then we will have the thing fixed.

It does sound like the throttle isn't right though, too fast almost for what it used to be. :wacko: