FordContour.Org

new mtx 75's availible for $450.00

1trick98se

yeah but bat is a euro spec tranny and are those for 4 or 6 cy.?

i just posted it to try and save a few people a little money nothing more. some dont have the budget that most people do. so save a couple of hundred on a new trans. its just an option for those of us that have few options on getting new parts for the tour.

Guest D's nuts

Oh well I wasnt saying there was anything wrong with the post or that its a bs deal cause thats a great deal. And especially for people who is on a budget cause god knows I could afford mine but IU got it anyway hehe

problem is I wouldn't trust then as they say its for a 2.0 but the picture is for a V6 ... I do see it says V6 but ... it also says 95 + which isn't true ...

problem is I wouldn't trust then as they say its for a 2.0 but the picture is for a V6 ... I do see it says V6 but ... it also says 95 + which isn't true ...

well i checked into ordering one for another project that i am currently working on and they did ask me to specifie the year and motor so aparantly they do have them for the 96 and up as well as the 95 and for the 2.0 and 2.5 they just put a brief description. oh well thought id toss it out there for my fellow enthusists

....if you want a stoc unmodded trans I'd say buy one...and let us know what it's like.. ;)

allready did and recieved it today shipping was $125.00 to my area may differ else were.

but it is a new unit .

Guest D's nuts

Damn you cant beat that with a stick lol. I got a built HMS tranny but wouldnt mind getting spair if it ever needs repair

Damn you cant beat that with a stick lol. I got a built HMS tranny but wouldnt mind getting spair if it ever needs repair

i had to order mine through a friend of mines shop he had an account with the company. i am currently in the process of trying to set up an account with them and also arrainging for a group buy if possible ill keep you all posted as i get things hammered out. and how many and what price if i can get the group buy arranged. so ill post more once i get the account set up just sent the paper work in today ill know something here in a couple of days.

...got a part # off the new assy?

ill post it for you terry when i get it uncrated. i have about 2 days worth of work before im ready to put it in the car

...I ask about the part # etc because,from that I can establish if they are 'genuine' new, as in 'unused Ford stoc' that BAT sell or a 're-man' new.It is important that 'new' is just that and does have all the 'latest' internal components etc.From the part tag(see pic) I can establish year,type of vehicle and internal design level of parts etc ...

transpartnum.JPG

BrApple

No,you can't swap bellhousings ,6cyl >4 cyl.The bellhousing is a cast part of the main trans housing1)they are matched halves,2)The input shafts are not the same V6 to 4 cyl,bearing preloads would need to be readjusted etc,if it could be done..I'm sure I've covered this a million times.Only 'some' internal components can be swapped but I can assure you it is not straight forward.We,HMS Inc,have our own 'interchange' matrix so we know what can and can't be swapped MTX to MTX..V6 to 4 cyl,rod to cable ,Contour>Focus,all to Jag etc etc.This is one of the reasons we are experts on the MTX.No other shop has such data.We compiled it over many years.(and the data is NOT for sale!!! ;) ) You get the data as part of any 'custom' trans we build....on the inside!

ok terry i will check it out and see because i would like to know for certain myself especially with myself tring to set up a direct account with them. like i said i have 2 days of work to get done befor i can attempt to put this trans in the car as soon as i get it uncrated and ready to go in ill post the #s

....well,I'll tell you straight.First thing I would do with one of these MTX's would be to tear it open and check the guts out!.FWIW long before BAT offered the new Euro boxes Eric & I were talking and he got assy numbers etc to me so that I could validate them and an MTX from the very first batch he had was sent to us at HMS for inspection and report well before he offered them for sale.We were 100% sure of the content,level,specs,gear ratios etc etc before the ad was ever put on the BAT site.Eric wanted to be 100% correct on what he was selling....Call me picky but I'm yet to be convinced on these boxes... :unsure:

...I'm in contact with these guys(owner),they work 'business to business'..I let you know what shakes down costs,types etc etc. ;)

sweet mamba jamba...if you could do this it would be freakin' sweeeeeet. Too bad I dont need a tranny yet. Wait, that is a good thing LOL

...I'm in contact with these guys(owner),they work 'business to business'..I let you know what shakes down costs,types etc etc. ;)

So that was a week ago, anything to report?