FordContour.Org

no spark or fuel after trans swap

Corvander

hello everyone, I have a 95 contour 2.0 auto that I replaced the transmission on. Now the car will not start at all cranks over fine, I got it to puff one or twice while spraying starting fluid but nothing happens. I replaced the crank sensor with a new one. It is putting out about 1.5 v while cranking so I believe it is working but i am not recieveing the signal at the ignition module on the firewall. I am also getting code 16 which is idm no signal? the fuel pump turns on and I have pressure at the sharder valve but no voltage at the injectors. I have no idea what to do now. The trans I put in seemed to be from a newer contour because I had to swap the speed sensor. please help

As a starting place check grounding. Maybe one didn't get reconnected. Also a connector may not have been pushed in all the way. Did you pull the engine when you did the work?

Edited by Aussie Ford

As a starting place check grounding. Maybe one didn't get reconnected. Also a connector may not have been pushed in all the way. Did you pull the engine when you did the work?

no I did not pull the engine. I have been over the connectors many times there are only so many and all are connected. from what I can remember there are 4 grounds one by the rear mm one on the tranny under the battery and 2 near the fuse box which are all connected

..re check the connector at the EEC module and its ground and the square connector on the drivers side on the shock tower..

where is the connector at the eec module and ground? I checked the big one on the shock tower with the bolt its connected

...behind the PAS res and it's ground is on the sheetmetal.If you didn't disconnect it then should have no issue.The square connector on the shock tower has a thru/clamp bolt,be sure it's fully home,if not the pins will not make contact.

...behind the PAS res and it's ground is on the sheetmetal.If you didn't disconnect it then should have no issue.The square connector on the shock tower has a thru/clamp bolt,be sure it's fully home,if not the pins will not make contact.

sorry but what is pas res?