FordContour.Org

Please Help

Katie J.

Hey everyone, I'm new to FCO and I need your help. I have a 99 Contour with a warped dashboard. I was just going to leave it but now its obstructing my view and the defroster hardly works. According to the local Ford dealerships, the supposed repair kit is no longer available. Are there any other reasonable options? There's nothing else wrong with the car and I'd like to keep driving it. Any help you can give would be very appreciated. THANK YOU!

Hey everyone, I'm new to FCO and I need your help. I have a 99 Contour with a warped dashboard. I was just going to leave it but now its obstructing my view and the defroster hardly works. According to the local Ford dealerships, the supposed repair kit is no longer available. Are there any other reasonable options? There's nothing else wrong with the car and I'd like to keep driving it. Any help you can give would be very appreciated. THANK YOU!

Any local junkyards with mathcing interior,or eBay!Or try Bill Jenkins website.

http://www.teamfordparts.com/partlocator/i...amp;catalogid=1

:welcomeani: Katie

Edited by SVTDEMON

Im looking the same issue right now. Anyone have any experience and advise to lend for removing the dash, repairing and reinstalling? I know to unhook the battery, but the air bag still worries me.

Im looking the same issue right now. Anyone have any experience and advise to lend for removing the dash, repairing and reinstalling? I know to unhook the battery, but the air bag still worries me.

Get a Haynes manual or a Ford CD!

http://www.repairmanualworld.com/1998-ford.html a link for those cds that are so hard to come buy.

I haven't driven my '99 since January and noticed today that my dash is also warping badly. It has begun to unglue around the knee area as well.

I haven't driven my '99 since January and noticed today that my dash is also warping badly. It has begun to unglue around the knee area as well.

That sux the 99 is a goodlooking car.Do you use sun visors for the windshield?

ive swapped out about 10 dashes and put a bunch of dash repair kits in, swapping the dash is actually pretty straight forward and easy ive got the hole swap down to about 2 and a half hours in and out. never had any airbag issues

i probably have a few dash warp kits laying around in my svt graveyard

Edited by bagged

ive swapped out about 10 dashes and put a bunch of dash repair kits in, swapping the dash is actually pretty straight forward and easy ive got the hole swap down to about 2 and a half hours in and out. never had any airbag issues
I agree it is straight forward. You have done a couple more than I, and a bit faster but then I'm an old guy and usually remove the seats for more room.... LOL

Attached link will provide info on the kit and part number. Team Ford is the best source, but as for me I usuall just do a different dash since I want it as claose to perfect as possible and don't particularly like the metal vent cover that is part of the kit.

I also have a write up with pics someplace on how I fixed my dash which was a very good solution to the problem and looked original in the end. I read every one of the attempts by others to repair the dash before undertaking my project. I will post it as soon as I find it and if you like you can send me a PM with your email add and I will pass on all of the info on this.

http://www.fordcontour.org/Info-dash-warp-...tml&hl=dash

Welcome to the site,

Regards,

AF