FordContour.Org

Does everything but actually, you know, start.

gbearrin

I think the answer has already been provided (I am going to order part F6RZ-14300-BA) but I wanted to run this problem buy you...

Car stalled out on me, and I was lucky enough to almost be home. All the electrical seems to be working fine. Car would turn over (No grinding in the starter) and sound like it was about to start up... but just wouldn't. I tried to replace the coil pack, but the original was fine. As I was checking the fuses (under the hood; they were all fine) I dropped one under the fuse box. I removed the battery and moved the fuse box to notice an outrageous amount of corrosion in the wiring going from the positive post to the fuse box... I assumed this was the problem (and needs fixed anyway). Is there anything else you might recommend? Spark Plugs? Cleaning the Mass Air sensor? Alternator? We are to the point where if this car is more than about 300 to repair we are just going to get a new one, so I want to try to save it if i can.

Thoughts?

Edited by gbearrin

I don't think your issue is specifically that harness. Please check to make sure you have proper fuel pressure and spark first (cover the basics always!!) before getting in too deep with other problems.

-Dom

• 2 weeks later...

Spark, fuel, and proper timing/compression is what an engine needs to run.. That being said, if you've checked those, mine did something similiar, cranked and cranked but wouldn't fire.. My battery was weak. New battery and it got enough spark to fire right up. You should have at least 12.7 volts on your battery at rest.