FordContour.Org

2000 CSVT has power but wont turn over!

Davey G

Hi guys I've been talking with a Dom a little about the problem I have and I don't want to bother him to much so I'll let all of you know whats going on. Earlier in the week i decided to pull the intakes off and clean them up and replace the plugs and wires as well. Yesterday I put everything back together only to try and start it and it wouldn't even crank? Everything in the car works and powers up but it will not turn the engine over. I put a new battery in it, ignition switch, looked at all of the power and ground wires going from the battery to under the fuse box etc, checked all of the fuses under the hood and the dash and I have found nothing! (#27 under dash was bad but that was for the lighter) The car started perfect on Sunday when I parked it and now this. I didn't disconnect the 40 pin main harness either encase anyone was wondering. Please give me an idea of where to look next because I don't want to take it to the dealership. Thanks in advance everyone

:help:

Davey

I'm having a similar problem. I installed a new battery. Took the car for a drive. Next day I went to move the car and it wouldn't start. Everything else appears to work normally. I'm suspecting the clutch position sensor, but haven't had time to thoroughly diagnose it yet.

I disconnected the clutch position sensor and jumped it to verify that wasn't the problem and it still didn't change anything? I also just went outside to see what the pats light was doing and it's blinking every 2 seconds with the key off and when I put the key in an turn it to the run position it goes blank and does nothing? I'm ready to pull my frickin hair out!

I figured it out! I went to retrace my steps from taking the intakes off and every time I unplugged something I would check to see if it would turn over. When I got to the throttle position sensor I unplugged it and the car cranked? I pulled it off again and I must of had it turned 180 degrees the wrong way because I switched it and the car works great! Just thought I would let everyone know,

Shorting out the 5 volt line can cause issues.. However that's a first I've ever heard. Kudo's on getting the connector backwards... It's keyed so you can't do that..lol

-Dom

The TPS can be destroyed if installed incorrectly.... but if it's working now, no worries.

I found my problem too, battery cable broke at the battery terminal under the shrink wrap insulation. Time for that battery relocation I've been procrastinating on.