FordContour.Org

Took Cassandra out for a drive today...

shotwell

SVT heads and cams... SHO Shop/BAT y pipe... quaiffe... 5 spd... SVT exhaust... So Ford made a 1995 SVT after all.

OMG!! Look at the grin on Aussie's face!!! Kid in a candy store!!! How is she running?

It runs great!

The car was ready for the meet, except that the power steering pump sprung a serious leak literally an hour before I had to leave.

I swapped a known good pump on there from a 2000 SVT engine (spun bearing) I had lying around. No leaks!

I'm looking into a dyno tune now. I'd like to see it running better than it does...it's basically a stock '95 SE computer running all of the crazy mods somehow. It smells a little rich at idle. Runs right to 7 grand though!

Daayum Mike. Between driving a borrowed SVT to the meet up by Ft. Lewis and you getting Cassandra on the road, I'm gonna want a ride... then I'll have another kick in the butt on getting my beater put back together and road-worthy. 

When's anyone last heard from JBalch? We're overdue for word on pudmonkie heatshield thoughts. 

Steve, the MTX 75 you want from the parts car... if that goes into your green SE, will there be clutch jobs coming up? 

I drove it to Yakima and back on Saturday, Olympia and back this morning. It's running so well...I got over 25mpg both tanks I burned through. I haven't been driving it slow either...

Still some tweaks to make it better. Those '95 seats have to go. My back hurts now. Also fighting an exhaust leak...think it's the emissions pipe. Just small stuff. It's a roadworthy car now! Nice to be back on the road in a 'Tour!

Wow, first I have ever hear of someone not liking the 95 seats! I love them -- I even have one I'm looking at turning into a desk chair! We are each so unique-- thankfully

Would you have an interest in some MNB svt seats, front and rear? Ask Aussie if the power is easy to add for the driver seat.

• 2 weeks later...

Took her out for a drive again today. It was almost her last!

It's raining today. I was going about 50 down a 2 lane road when a large truck pulled out right in front of me! 

I'm very happy that Lance took the time to upgrade the brakes to E1 SVT with SS lines. Those upgrades saved the car (and me) today...I missed the truck by inches!