FordContour.Org

Some Help Please

Bleed_Black_Label_Society

I would use 1/0 AWG from the battery to a dist. block and then at least 4 AWG to each amp, unless the amps have 1/0 AWG inputs directly on them. Go to knukonceptz. com and get all your wires from there. Call Bill, he'll hook you up. As far as battery, the exide orbital sealed battery ($120) is a lot cheaper than an optima... and it's 1000 CCA @ 32*. That's what I've used in all of the systems I've done.

Ben

So one BP1200 ain't enough? Jeebus! Man, I could barely carry that damn thing to ship it and you wanna throw in another one....go for it!! :woot :woot :woot :woot

Now Ben, there ain't nothing wrong with Optima. IIRC, I saw a Red Top at the Pep Boys speed shop for ~$100 or so. I've yet to have trouble with mine. But 1000 CCA is better than my mere 800 CCA! :lol:

Wow... Upgrade the battery to 1000 CCA for sure. The 1 ga should be fine, but you'll want to bling bling the 0. (not that there's any power handling difference) Fuse block, they can both live off 6 ga, but 4 is meatier. For every 1000 W you're pushing, you should go for 1 Farad of capacitance. So, 1000 W, 1 Farad. 2000 W, 2 farads. You're alternator should be able to handle it with the cap in the line. Also, don't be fooled a cap is a cap. Digital just means it shows the voltage (always about 12). A cheap pyramid or "American Whateverthepooitis" has the same chemical makeup of a stinger or other name brand. Not to mention 1 farad for $40. CMT Trading Also, make sure you hump it real good once it's all done. I do this to many a cars and various other things that have great appeal.

So one BP1200 ain't enough? Jeebus! Man, I could barely carry that damn thing to ship it and you wanna throw in another one....go for it!! :woot  :woot  :woot  :woot[/b]

Well right now I'm just thinking of it. A lot of people can't believe the sound I have, their usually pretty much speechless. But if one amp can do that, just imagine what two of them would sound like. Crushing would be a fitting word. :lol:

Wow...  Upgrade the battery to 1000 CCA for sure.  The 1 ga should be fine, but you'll want to bling bling the 0.  (not that there's any power handling difference) Fuse block, they can both live off 6 ga, but 4 is meatier.  For every 1000 W you're pushing, you should go for 1 Farad of capacitance.  So, 1000 W, 1 Farad.  2000 W, 2 farads.  You're alternator should be able to handle it with the cap in the line.  Also, don't be fooled a cap is a cap.  Digital just means it shows the voltage (always about 12).  A cheap pyramid or "American Whateverthepooitis" has the same chemical makeup of a stinger or other name brand.  Not to mention 1 farad for $40.  CMT Trading  Also, make sure you hump it real good once it's all done.  I do this to many a cars and various other things that have great appeal. [/b]

Okay, I've seen some cheap caps in a pawn shop. I can't remember the price, but it was made by BOSS Audio. So these would make decent caps?

Now Ben, there ain't nothing wrong with Optima. IIRC, I saw a Red Top at the Pep Boys speed shop for ~$100 or so. I've yet to have trouble with mine. But 1000 CCA is better than my mere 800 CCA! :lol: [/b]

i never said there was anything wrong with them, but for the CCA per dollar the exide seems to be a great buy....and i have bought 5 of them in the last 2 years.....no problems with any of them....spike has one of earlier ones with 2 sets of top posts and a set of side terminals on it..... will have to get if pic of mine in the trunk to show you guys..... the newer ones only have one set of top posts on it.

Ben

Guest Stock_tour04
Dude, are you just post happy?  You've dug out every topic from the beginning,  and 1/2 your posts are just pointless. [/b]

what is your problem anyway?...i didnt do anything to you, i can post here if i want to just as much as you can.

Pretty much, a cap is a cap. as long as it works. I've always been leary of pawn shops. But Boss is a good brand. Not well known, but decent stuff.

Stock_Tour, I do appear to be quite outspoken and cinical at times because I am. I know that I'm not the most valuable person in the world, or even in my household of 2. I want you to know that I'm not "angry" or "out to get" anyone. I've just noticed quite a few posts that were out there in their purpose. That being said, Truce?

Pretty much, a cap is a cap.  as long as it works.  I've always been leary of pawn shops.  But Boss is a good brand.  Not well known, but decent stuff.

[/b]

Yeah, I know what you mean about the pawn shops. I've heard of BOSS though, and unfortunately the things I've heard aren't so good. Like their amps will blow easy. I don't know though......