FordContour.Org

Picked up another SVT Today

JSUMoose1489

Car is in pretty good shape, needs to be cleaned up a bit. Has 130k miles on it and a lower end knock. It does crank/run cause I drove on/off the tow dolly. Stock other than a stainless bosal cat-back and a drop in k&n. Will be swapping motors with my other tour and most likely then parting the black one out.

post-952-1178135112_thumb.jpg

Car is in pretty good shape, needs to be cleaned up a bit. Has 130k miles on it and a lower end knock. It does crank/run cause I drove on/off the tow dolly. Stock other than a stainless bosal cat-back and a drop in k&n. Will be swapping motors with my other tour and most likely then parting the black one out.

why the heck does everyone on this site part out their old SVT's? Sure you can make money but there are only 11000 of these things to begin with.

parting it out cause it has issues, hence the reason I'm swapping the motor. The exhaust is suprisingly quiet, however It prob didn't get over 2500 rpm. We'll see after the swap and the headers tho! OB1, I need your addy so I can have msds send the headers to you!

parting it out cause it has issues, hence the reason I'm swapping the motor. The exhaust is suprisingly quiet, however It prob didn't get over 2500 rpm. We'll see after the swap and the headers tho! OB1, I need your addy so I can have msds send the headers to you!

If you are just swapping out motors why don't you just put a 3.0 in it? Unless there are other issues besides the motor. I just hate to see SVT cannibalized just because a motor went out.

If you are just swapping out motors why don't you just put a 3.0 in it? Unless there are other issues besides the motor. I just hate to see SVT cannibalized just because a motor went out.

most folks around here already know the story. I bought the car wrecked, planned on finding an svt with a dead motor and swapping them over. Instead I got impatient and starting dumping money into it to fix it, there are electrical issues with the car, needs a main harness etc etc. Both cars left this morning to L.A. (lower Alabama) for the surgery.

most folks around here already know the story. I bought the car wrecked, planned on finding an svt with a dead motor and swapping them over. Instead I got impatient and starting dumping money into it to fix it, there are electrical issues with the car, needs a main harness etc etc. Both cars left this morning to L.A. (lower Alabama) for the surgery.

wiring harness...ewwwwwwwwwwwww.