FordContour.Org

Gas Milage

SVTmySE

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest KAOS_2.5M

I looked around for good info on browns gas, and found out the basic idea, but mostly no scientific back up.

anyone have a good source for generator blue prints, or maybe some molecular models of this gas, ect ect?

I assume this is the technology behind the supposed car that ran on water that was bought by big oil and destroyed back in the 60-70's?

...'Browns Gas' is the term used for when water is reduced to it's two components Oxygen and Hydrogen as a mixed gas.It's this gas mix , when fed into an engine ,gives some added power when it's burnt...thats the basics of it.

I looked around for good info on browns gas, and found out the basic idea, but mostly no scientific back up.

anyone have a good source for generator blue prints, or maybe some molecular models of this gas, ect ect?

I assume this is the technology behind the supposed car that ran on water that was bought by big oil and destroyed back in the 60-70's?

Most sites want you to pay for blueprints ... I never found any decent free ones, but if you know how they work it's extremely easy to make. Put a positive plate & a negative plate in a jar of water, hook up a battery & bam you're done. There are many variations on container size, plate constuction & power delivery, but at it's most basic there is nothing else needed.

Electrolysis causes the H2O to break into is atomic state and migrate toward a plate. Hydrogen to the negative plate & oxygen to the positive I believe, though I may have that backwards. There is no model because the molecular bonds are broken & you are dealing with the gasses in a pure state H + H + O.

I don't know about that car, but one made during the 80-90's buy a guy in ohio claimed that you could break the molecular bonds using high frequency & high voltage, then run his car on the resulting gas. He claimed that there was a net gain of energy and the car would recombine the HHO gas into H2O and the car would run forever on a single tank of water. After defying the laws of physics, chemistry, and thermodynamics he was found guilty of fraud... go figure.

Guest KAOS_2.5M
Most sites want you to pay for blueprints ... I never found any decent free ones, but if you know how they work it's extremely easy to make. Put a positive plate & a negative plate in a jar of water, hook up a battery & bam you're done. There are many variations on container size, plate constuction & power delivery, but at it's most basic there is nothing else needed.

Electrolysis causes the H2O to break into is atomic state and migrate toward a plate. Hydrogen to the negative plate & oxygen to the positive I believe, though I may have that backwards. There is no model because the molecular bonds are broken & you are dealing with the gasses in a pure state H + H + O.

I don't know about that car, but one made during the 80-90's buy a guy in ohio claimed that you could break the molecular bonds using high frequency & high voltage, then run his car on the resulting gas. He claimed that there was a net gain of energy and the car would recombine the HHO gas into H2O and the car would run forever on a single tank of water. After defying the laws of physics, chemistry, and thermodynamics he was found guilty of fraud... go figure.

yeah, any car that could run purely on water would definately defy the laws of thermodynamics, just like any supposed perpetual motion device.

the stupid site I found (surprisingly the best one of the ones I found) tried to claim browns gas was actually a molecular gas, made with two hydrogens and an oxygen, but in a different structure. I was very sceptical of that claim since hydrogen and oxygen bond covalently, which will always result in water, and to my knowledge most ionically bonded compounds are solids. but I was curiouse since they are using an electrical charge, which theoretically could creat cations and anions of the atoms in order to create an ionic bond.

I also had the pleasure of reading an article that tried to claim hydrogen could combust in the absence of oxegen (bollocks!!!, combustion is an oxidation reaction!!! why do they think rockets bring liquid O2?) and that after said "combustion" of pure hydrogen there would be no resulting products (preservation of mass people!!!). nothing can ever just "dissapear", even if it fell into a black hole, it would theoretically have to emerge from a white hole on the far side of the universe, or possibly a different universe, in the multiverse theory.

so assuming one of us were to attempt this quasi-plausible method, how would we stop the flow of current in the water container when the car is cut off? and how will we prevent it from being a short while the car was running? does it require an isolated power source? does that mean it would just basically be an arse-backward method of making an electric car?

has any reputable person ever constructed a functioning model to experiment on? is 12v dc enough to break the covalent bond between hydrogen and oxygen?

This is a gas milage thread, if you want to know how to build one start another thread. As for my current mpg state, I'm driving in town @ 30mpg and on the freeway @ 36mpg+.

Edited by dub

Guest KAOS_2.5M
This is a gas milage thread, if you want to know how to build one start another thread. As for my current mpg state, I'm driving in town @ 30mpg and on the freeway @ 36mpg+.

sorry, I thought it was fairly relavent.

how are you getting those kind of numbers from it? VVT zetec?

or do you have valve springs under you're accelerator pedal :lol:

[edit] me no spell good

Edited by KAOS_2.5M

sorry, I thought it was fairly relavent.

how are you getting those kind of numbers from it? VVT zetec?

or do you have valve springs under you're accelerator pedal :lol:

[edit] me no spell good

hydrocarbon mixtures... playing around to find the perfect mix is key. i used the A/C on MAX on the way home all city driving in traffic, I'd like to fill to see what I got. Looks Like 26mpg, but that's a guess. took 45 min on a 12 mile ride. I'll take it to the next level after testing when the garage gets done. failed inspection due to the city pavement not coming up to the slab! I'll have to call my cousin to have his crew come out and fill it in. Those city workers! so lazy! taken a break when they should be pay"n attention!... My cuz will laugh... he's a city worker foreman on the asphalt crew in my city. the past owners in '64 didn't care for the law, my grandfather helped build the house, that was under the radar too, in '49. Not sure what was intended to be housed in here? must'a been a '64 gas sipper.

post-6558-1215826932_thumb.jpg

post-6558-1215827142_thumb.jpg