FordContour.Org

1995 Mystique 88k

Hello all

I am Manuel Valdez from Mexico City, I own a Mercury Mystique 1995 V6 with 88k miles on it (141k kilometers).

For a while, I've been day dreaming about upgrading to 3L, and my question is, which engine would be the less painfull to work with this car?? would the stock ATX would be fine to keep or I would need a new one?? for personal and family reasons I can't go to the MTX.

Best regards

Manuel

There is a Sticky on this in the forums for the correct 3.0 engines. Most use a Taurus / Sable 3.0 24 valve motor because of the cost ( normally under $400 ). The Escape is a good choice also because the fuel rail is correct.

Check out the forums for specifics.

As for the automotic transmission it will be OK if you don't hammer it all the time. If you are rough on a car then the trans will be the weak link.

There is a Sticky on this in the forums for the correct 3.0 engines. Most use a Taurus / Sable 3.0 24 valve motor because of the cost ( normally under $400 ). The Escape is a good choice also because the fuel rail is correct.

Check out the forums for specifics.

As for the automotic transmission it will be OK if you don't hammer it all the time. If you are rough on a car then the trans will be the weak link.

Thanks for the info, I'll be checking those posts.

Best regards

Manuel

Ola Amigo! :welcomeani:

Hello friend, thanks for the welcome, just for the fun, hello in spanish is hola, with initial 'h', 'ola' in spanish is a sea wave :lol:

Best regards

Manuel

Hello friend, thanks for the welcome, just for the fun, hello in spanish is hola, with initial 'h', 'ola' in spanish is a sea wave :lol:

Best regards

Manuel

My bad,I have been learning spanish from the guys at work.I really only know how to swear,LOL!Thanks I learned something new today! B)

My bad,I have been learning spanish from the guys at work.I really only know how to swear,LOL!Thanks I learned something new today! B)

Don't worry about it, i think that this is a very common mistake since both words are pronouced exactly the same way :D

For the cultural note, in spanish, letter H has no sound unless it is placed after a C

why can't you convert to an mtx? i'm jus curious because there is a big difference between the two. imo...i can't stand automatic! theres nothing like a 5 or 6 speed gearbox! plus you will have less maintenance to deal with, if you have an mtx transmission, hell you might even be able to get your hands on a svt manual trans for real cheap.

Joe

Edited by DAMiENS98SVT

why can't you convert to an mtx? i'm jus curious because there is a big difference between the two. imo...i can't stand automatic! theres nothing like a 5 or 6 speed gearbox! plus you will have less maintenance to deal with, if you have an mtx transmission, hell you might even be able to get your hands on a svt manual trans for real cheap.

Joe

Hello, you are not the first one to ask that :D the reason is simple, I'm not the only driver of that car, I travel a lot and the car must be parked for weeks, in that time, my mother uses it from time to time... and she hasn't drived a manual box since the rocking 80's :punk:

Manuel