FordContour.Org

2000 contour SE CNG dual fuel

Viking22190

Hey Im Buying a Contour SE I-4 with CNG dual-fuel (compressed natural GAS). Anything i Should Be Wary About?

Welcome to the Org! :welcomeani:

Auto or manual Transaxle?

What part of country ie. Rustbelt?

Mileage?

Service history?

Then we can give a more detailed list of what to check. :gathering:

Mileage?

Service history?

whatsup chris

Hey Im Buying a Contour SE I-4 with CNG dual-fuel (compressed natural GAS). Anything i Should Be Wary About?

Rust, any bad sounds from the engine, abnormal tire wear. Rabid squirrels living in the trunk could also be an issue. Lolz. Just kidding about that last part :rolleyes:

Mileage?

Service history?

Its An Automatic...

East Coast ie. Bought In Pennsylvania

79000 miles

prior To The Person I Bought It From It Was A Government Agency Vehicle in Trenton, NJ

i Will contact prior owner For More Of an Update including PM (pre-schedueled Maintenance)

Thank You For Your Help In The Matter. (CHRIS)

Rust, any bad sounds from the engine, abnormal tire wear. Rabid squirrels living in the trunk could also be an issue. Lolz. Just kidding about that last part :rolleyes:

Just Checked The Trunk... no squirlz.. Just a trunk monkey... He gave Me A Doughnut... Now We Play Poker Every Saturday Night. normal Rust For A 10 Yr Old Car. Brand New Tires So I Cant tell Anything About The Tires.. (yet) But other than that Its All Good. will Have Pictures To Follow.

Does it currently run dual fuel or has it not run on CNG for many years? I ask because a lot of CNG components, valves, regulators etc can perish over the years. If this has been a no CNG car for some time then I'd knock the price down. Most all Contour CNG cars were converted by a company in Canada and it should have a decal under the hood. These gu s will have spares etc and know who should work on such CNG systems.

• 3 years later...