FordContour.Org

Mondeo Mk2 headlights

ProjectZx2

Headlights Quick question, how similar is the Mk2 and the 2nd Gen Contour? I was looking at the projecors that they have for the Mondeo and thought it would be nice to be able to use them. I'm pretty sure there would be some minor body work to make them fit. Edited by ProjectZx2
  • Like 1

Headlights Quick question, how similar is the Mk2 and the 2nd Gen Contour? I was looking at the projecors that they have for the Mondeo and thought it would be nice to be able to use them. I'm pretty sure there would be some minor body work to make them fit.

With minor shaving anything is possible.Any experienced body guy could get them to fit. Goodluck. I would like to get terry's input on this before you order!

Edited by SVTDEMON

My guess is that, if anything else I might have to mold some filler ears and weld them to the fender to get rid of the gap caused by the slight difference in design, the plus side is that the hood is a non issue due to it being CF which means easily modified. However, I was also thinking about taking the lens off of the Mondeo headlight and replacing it with the stock Contour Lens if it was more feasable. I think I am going to order the Mondeo headlights and go from there, because I would love to have new lights for $375 USD vs. the $1k Projector conversion or the $700 Morettes. Plus these are just flat out sexy R8 Style

post-8075-0-22653000-1294619956_thumb.jpg

Edited by ProjectZx2

Headlights Quick question, how similar is the Mk2 and the 2nd Gen Contour? I was looking at the projecors that they have for the Mondeo and thought it would be nice to be able to use them. I'm pretty sure there would be some minor body work to make them fit.

Technically, I think what you plan to do is illegal. The Mondeo headlight assemblies are designed for putting out a light pattern consistent with driving on the left side of the road. Put these headlights on a car that drives on the right side of the road and the light pattern causes excessive glare for oncoming cars. Of course, you probably won't get busted since there are already so many cars on the road with illegal HID conversion kits that it is rediculous.

Just something to think about.

P.S. - If all you need is a new set of headlights due to yellowing and stress crazing, you can buy them from British American Transfer Inc. down in Florida. They probably need to update pricing in their catalog but the last pricing I saw was ~ $159 per side. These should be good OEM-conforming assemblies, not cheap knock-offs.

Not worried about yellowing, I have a degree in Auto Colission so my headlights are pristine and all it took was 30 minutes of sanding and buffing. What I'm looking for is a nice aftermarket look, and I know this can be done because I saw that another member had true Morettes on his Tour.

Edited by ProjectZx2

Not worried about yellowing, I have a degree in Auto Colission so my headlights are pristine and all it took was 30 minutes of sanding and buffing. What I'm looking for is a nice aftermarket look, and I know this can be done because I saw that another member had true Morettes on his Tour.

yes, true morettes for the contour not the mondeo. Those are a 1 off set of headlights made by morette, they were going to be used as a prototype to build lights for the contour but nothing ever came of it.

yes, true morettes for the contour not the mondeo. Those are a 1 off set of headlights made by morette, they were going to be used as a prototype to build lights for the contour but nothing ever came of it.

actually someone did use the mondeo morettes now that I think about it. Qwik98svt might have been his name???? He was from the Columbus Ohio area IIRC. Header panel was an issue as well as the fenders from what I remember

• 2 weeks later...