FordContour.Org

NOT SEEN BEFORE - ODOMETER READING

mondeoman

On the way into work this morning......odometer showing 171717........little different I would say. Still running like at top; approx. 34 mpg.

Just little happy!!!

Mondeoman

I often wondered how this drivetrain config faires in non-freeway environments. I just got back from a weekend in Seattle (GO MARINERS!!) and the rental Versa, with auto, did so well. Not even broken in yet (2k miles on odom) and was able to secure a solid 34mpg in city driving. btw - 75mph with cruise, 2+ hours of this type of driving, and I pulled a solid 40mpg out of her!!!!

34 mpg is awesome. My GL 2.0 gets 24mpg if I ease it because we have very little highway here. All suburb-miles, mostly. Good job!

Mine's at 152k miles and I get 24 mpg too. It's an ATX.

Sounds right according to the Government: http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/noframes/14210.shtml

:D

From what I remember on this forum, the earlier Contours (pre-98) always had better fuel economy.

Thanks for the feed-back. This Contour just became my daily driver and I am still developing familiarity. We have had this 'Tour since 2000 (65k miles) and I never realized it's full potential first hand, until now. Super highway cruiser!!!!