FordContour.Org

NEW ADDITION TO THE FAMILY

mondeoman

My Manager has been looking for a car for his teenage daughter for some time now. I came across this Contour on CR. It is local to me. I checked it out. Was running fine, owners daughter parks it, comes back and no start. Local repair shop reports no spark. Crankshaft Position Sensor has been discovered to be broken. Timing belt is not broken - I verified this.

Was originally a government vehicle (Men in Black?) as it has the CNG conversion.

Picking it up Saturday. Aussie, you still have the 2.0 we pulled out from your '95? Might require parts ;-)

Manager (Tom) is a very compentant Back Yard Mechanic - owns a 2000 BMW as well as having worked on a Jetta, Ranger, Volvo and a 300D MB (Mickey, you hearing this?) and has done loads of work on them. Not afraid of hard work and getting dirty. He needs to meet the "Gang" - lives in Canby. Maybe we can have a meeting at his place and then move over to the Backstop Bar & Grill - within walking distance!!

Mondeoman

I'm probably flexible during the day Saturday to either be at Mike's to pull parts (there's an MTX75 to get out of the parts car for Siberian Ford, and a carpet and rear bumper I want for my project) OR to do grilling in Canby if Mike's not gonna be home and a gang is coming. 

Keep us posted if a work party is holding a seminar on CNG Contours. 

PDXSVT - I don't envision a "gathering" this Saturday - too late a notice to have a group and also we are simply relocating (purchase) of this non-operating 'Tour. This doesn't mean that those who desire to show will be turned away!!!

On the Siberian SVT - what is the "plan" this weekend for removing parts? Is the desire to get it to "scrape metal status"? If so, I have a few parts that I would like to see removed.

thanks again -

Let me know guys. I'm pretty open right now.

Well if we can arrange a "gathering" on a dry day, I would love to attend. We do need to get her removed - your generosity will not be taken for granted in letting us park her there!

OK, I'm confused. The CNG car is being picked up Saturday? No? Taken to Canby? Or Mike's? (I need to get my parts cadaver picked over and moved out of Mike's. I thought I had a title for it somewhere but didn't locate it yet.) And a dry day to work on the CNG car... Hey, it's mid-October, weather's changing. Maybe a tarp overhead like Aussie had?

Bob, the CNG Contour is being towed to Tom's houes, in Canby. That is where it will be worked on, not Mike's digs. Yes, Tom has a setup very similiar to what Aussie put into place.

I think that at some point in time we could have a local gathering, if for no reason other than to introduce eveyone to Tom and lift a beer or two. Hard for a new owner of a 'Tour to grasp the amount of available resources and experiences at his/her disposal.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE: CNG Contour is home. Discovered reason for no spark due to a very gamaged flexplate. Explains why the replacement Crankshaft Position Sensor would not intall properly. Thank you so much Aussie for your imediate assistance with this problem. Engine to be removed soon, in the fashion we removed Aussie's Mystiques Zetec (auto transaxle remains in vehicle).

• 1 month later...

Aussie - yes indeed CNG 'Tour is running just fine!! No other issues discovered; drive great!!! Tom's daughter is extremely happy with her FIRST CAR and has taken her CNG 'Tour down to Eugene and back w/o incident. I do hear that the turn signals (all of them) are not currently functioning. This will be addressed shortly.

Thank you for all your assistance. If you get a chance, post those many pics you took!!