FordContour.Org

Washed and Ready to Race

spridget

gallery_2786_110_4859.jpg

gallery_2786_110_56506.jpg

gallery_2786_110_88325.jpg

gallery_2786_110_161293.jpg

gallery_2786_110_304454.jpg

I removed the ding guards but haven't removed the tape yet.... still need some finishing touches on the detailing, but it's much cleaner than it was.

I just changed the engine and tranny oil with fresh Royal Purple, bled the brakes, and washed the windows really good all in preparation for this weekend's track session.

Without a doubt the hottest tropic green tour out there. I love the way you did the hood/trunk. I remember when you first did it I wasn't really sure, but it has grown on me. Besides, they prob had bubbles anyway coming from CF1.... Hotness man, Hotness.

Edited by JSUMoose1489

That's awesome!!

Which polish do you use? It seems to give it the "wet" look, especially the pic in your signature.

Your tour, Ryan's tour and OB1's red SVT are some of the best looking Contours that I've seen.

That's awesome!!

Which polish do you use? It seems to give it the "wet" look, especially the pic in your signature.

Your tour, Ryan's tour and OB1's red SVT are some of the best looking Contours that I've seen.

Damn man you trying to blow my head up, thanks man.

Yeah thats lookin PIMPIN dude. I am detailing mine today as well when I get home from work for a car show in Alabama tomorow. I cant wait to get rid of the bubbles I have in my clear coat.

I used Zymol this time around... I think I used Nano Tech last time? I forget. It's just a handjob, no buffer (no pun intended).

Ryan, what detailing products do you use? Your's always looks nice and clean... and you make the shows, so I'm sure you spend more time than I do detailing.

I used Zymol this time around... I think I used Nano Tech last time? I forget. It's just a handjob, no buffer (no pun intended).

Cool! I've been using Zymol since I bought the Contour and I'm pretty happy with it. A "leading consumer" magazine recommended it but now they have a better recommendation.

I don't use a buffer either.

The 'tour looks Awesome Spridget,have fun at the track sounds like a blast!! 99ContourLX is right Ryan,Spridget,OB1 own thier colors. BRapple and Snake can be added to that list too!!-Pure jealousy!!

My CSVT less than 2000 miles in last 1 year :( :( :(

Ryan, what detailing products do you use? Your's always looks nice and clean... and you make the shows, so I'm sure you spend more time than I do detailing.

I use all Mequires nxt products, wash,pre cleaner, wax and wax booster, and tonight I tried out the liquid clay bar from Turtle wax and WOW it works. I have a show tomorow in alabama and I will take tons of pics and post them tomorow night. Trust me guys my car is tons better in pics, in person you can see all the scratches and all, but yes I do try and make the best of it while I can, tonight I spent 6 hours detailing the entire car for the show tomorow, and 90% of it was on the paint and body. And damn it looks SEXY

Here is my rendition of the lue painters tape run. Yes thats sulifane and take and yes it works. Get to the show ,take it off and wipe and done!

4y4s48g.jpg

BRapple's SeVT looks great in that light blue color.

I put about 10,000 miles on it last year... maybe a bit more.... All this on the new(used) 3L swap, Torsen, 3.83 FDR... all that good stuff... and everything has held up great. I don't own a garage, so the car is parked outside, sometime under the carport, sometimes on the street.... it's a daily driver. It wasn't perfect when I bought it... it still has the same knicks and dings. One day I might get it repainted, but not anytime soon. Terry has commented before that he doesn't like people modifying the few SVT's out there, he'd prefer that SE were modded instead. I understand that, as car enthusiast... maybe if I was the original owner I wouldn't have considered modifying it so quickly. But it's just a car... and people are always surprised that it's a Ford and it's a Contour on top of that. :lol:

99ContourLX is right Ryan,Spridget,OB1 own thier colors. BRapple and Snake can be added to that list too!!-Pure jealousy!!

Thanks guys! Y'all are making me blush.

Spridget I love the CF painted body color that trunk looks great.

Personally I like the other than stock colored SVT's rolling around. Brapple's of course, the white one thats around here & a few others. I was on my way to building a white SVT clone from my SE but my wife wanted a full blown SVT.

I also see Terry's point on modding the low production run SVT's but I can't drive an unmodded car. The only stock vehicle in my yard is my 04 Ram, & I'm just waiting! ;)

As far as the T-red goes I'm building one for Moose that is going to give me a run for my money. Paint is near flawless & he has good taste so we will see, but I have the head start! :lol:

I'm loving the spoiler and the rest of the car!

In my opinion Contours look better with the ding guards. I took mine off too but its a matter of preference.

• 3 weeks later...

That is a very nice looking car you got there. I love the paint job on the trunk. Looks amazing, just the right amount of CF.

• 2 months later...