FordContour.Org

3rd Break and ABS?

ChiCkMaGneT

okay guys a couple problems have arose and i need some help! how do i replace the Small light bults on the 3rd Break light, how do i remove them and where can i find them? the second problem is the ABS light it came on like a month ago and it wont go away! is it a sensor on the breaks thats gone bad? i though it needed some break fluid but even after i filled it up the break light was still on? if i take it to autozone will they help me fix the ABS problem? thanks any suggestions will help

okay guys a couple problems have arose and i need some help! how do i replace the Small light bults on the 3rd Break light, how do i remove them and where can i find them? the second problem is the ABS light it came on like a month ago and it wont go away! is it a sensor on the breaks thats gone bad? i though it needed some break fluid but even after i filled it up the break light was still on? if i take it to autozone will they help me fix the ABS problem? thanks any suggestions will help

There is a snap on cover that you can unclip from the rear of the 3rd brake light assy. The bulbs turn 1/4 turn counter-clockwise and pull out. The bulb # is 74 I believe as they just pull out of the socket and you can push in the new bulb and replace back into the housing.

ABS will have to be scanned, Autozone probably can't help you with that as their OBD software is only for engines - Not for brake/suspension. Check a local repair shop, they may be able to scan it cheaply and tell you what's wrong. If you are leaking fluid (had to add) then there may be other issues...

-Dom

I replaced my not too long ago. One suggestion is to make sure they are working before putting the cover back on. Sometimes they come a little loose and due to the bad connection, will not light. Mine are having that problem often due to db drag competitions. Nothing like 140db to shake the stupid lights loose. B) The clips are on the side, so just push them in and pull back towards you sitting in the backseat. Easy!!