FordContour.Org

Program New Remote

MaddMike

Ok, I have my dash tore apart looking for the diagnostic plug I need to jumper to program the New Remote. I can not find the damn thing. I have the Ford Service CD, followed the directions, it says the plug is C1931 and gives a picture of where it should be, Location of Component: Anti-theft/central locking module, C451B (D5-RH A-pillar, center) the plug is right below this component, I can't find it either.(see Ford pic). I did find the PAT Module but I do not think it's the same, As the PAT does not have the Coax plugged into it and the Anti-theft/central locking module is suppose to have a coax antenna plugged into it. So does anyone know where this plug is?

post-7653-1210898953_thumb.gif Ford service pic

post-7653-1210898801_thumb.jpg Any one know what the 2 components are with question marks on them

post-7653-1210898868_thumb.jpg PATS Module

post-7653-1210898894_thumb.jpg

post-7653-1210898921_thumb.jpg Where the PATS is normaly mounted

I'm going from memory here, but I believe the connector is on the right side of the front passenger side footwell behind the plastic trim. There will be a pigtail about 6-8" long just hanging ther that has a plastic connector (I think mine was white/cream colored and about 1/2"x1/2").

I'm going from memory here, but I believe the connector is on the right side of the front passenger side footwell behind the plastic trim. There will be a pigtail about 6-8" long just hanging ther that has a plastic connector (I think mine was white/cream colored and about 1/2"x1/2").

Thanks for the reply, but I have look there also, I have even removed the sound deading material to see if it was behind that, and still no joy

Dumb question, but did your car have remote keyless? There is a grey module with an antenna that extends up the passenger side inner A-pillar that should be down there that I don't see. The question marks point to a sensor and a relay. Neither are related to your quest... I think you have a car without keyless, explains the no pigtail issue for programming.

-Dom

Dumb question, but did your car have remote keyless? There is a grey module with an antenna that extends up the passenger side inner A-pillar that should be down there that I don't see. The question marks point to a sensor and a relay. Neither are related to your quest... I think you have a car without keyless, explains the no pigtail issue for programming.

-Dom

A 2 button remote came with the car and worked when I bought the car, it still opens the trunk but not the doors any longer, I washed it LOL, so might I have an after market keyless? If so where would the most likey place be for the reciever box?

A 2 button remote came with the car and worked when I bought the car, it still opens the trunk but not the doors any longer, I washed it LOL, so might I have an after market keyless? If so where would the most likey place be for the reciever box?

I believe the OEM remote was a 4 button remote: Lock/Unlock, Trunk (blue), and Panic (orange/red). Sounds like you have an aftermarket add-on. Although, I thought when the contour started to include the PATS system it also included key fob remotes for the above functions.

Could you get a contour that had PATS, but not remote lock/unlock, trunk and panic?

I went to see Dom, handed him the old remote and just like the parting of the Red Sea the remote worked. He's good :punk:

Thanks Dom :D

I believe the OEM remote was a 4 button remote: Lock/Unlock, Trunk (blue), and Panic (orange/red). Sounds like you have an aftermarket add-on. Although, I thought when the contour started to include the PATS system it also included key fob remotes for the above functions.

Could you get a contour that had PATS, but not remote lock/unlock, trunk and panic?

I guess you could, because I have one.LOL The build date on the car is 9/97. I have noticed under the dash in my quest for the door lock actuator that was not there, that I saw components with mid 1997 dates and other components with early 1998 dates on them. Which I found odd since it was supposed to have rolled of the line 9/97.

Anytime Mike, always welcome down to the shop to hang out and BS... lol. I've been told I have "magic fingers"...lol, you're not the first person to bring something broke and leave with it working :P

-Dom

Anytime Mike, always welcome down to the shop to hang out and BS... lol. I've been told I have "magic fingers"...lol, you're not the first person to bring something broke and leave with it working :P

-Dom

Yeah you and your magic touch. It is true anytime i cant get anything off or to work you always seem to figure it out.

Hey mike i love the way that car sounds!!!

Billy

Yeah you and your magic touch. It is true anytime i cant get anything off or to work you always seem to figure it out.

Hey mike i love the way that car sounds!!!

Billy