FordContour.Org

HUD

dub

During this long weekend I though I'd to some work on the tour since I have lots of mods piling up in the house. I wanted to do the suspension but Eric @ BAT says that It'll be a week er so, a container from EUR is on it's way. So I decieded to do the glow gauges, HUD, security system re-wire of exsisting unit from previous owner and the Bel STiR.After a long day of electrical work I got everything back together and low and behold the HUD displays the speed incorrectly. When I was doing 25 mph the HUD displayed 66 mph. So I believe that an in-line resistor is needed, or maybe just try the other wh/bu wire. Also, the temp gauge doesn't move or seem to work, so back to the Ford CD. Not doin' the door handles 'till I get the heated wiper jets and the interior button for the dash. You know the one that's supposed to be next to the rear defroster button.So moral of the story, don't buy the cheap HUD's from ebay, unless you have a feather foot and want it to seem like you're going like a bat out of hell. Slow down! I'll update, maybe it'll turn out right. Thanks fer reading.

During this long weekend I though I'd to some work on the tour since I have lots of mods piling up in the house. I wanted to do the suspension but Eric @ BAT says that It'll be a week er so, a container from EUR is on it's way. So I decieded to do the glow gauges, HUD, security system re-wire of exsisting unit from previous owner and the Bel STiR.After a long day of electrical work I got everything back together and low and behold the HUD displays the speed incorrectly. When I was doing 25 mph the HUD displayed 66 mph. So I believe that an in-line resistor is needed, or maybe just try the other wh/bu wire. Also, the temp gauge doesn't move or seem to work, so back to the Ford CD. Not doin' the door handles 'till I get the heated wiper jets and the interior button for the dash. You know the one that's supposed to be next to the rear defroster button.So moral of the story, don't buy the cheap HUD's from ebay, unless you have a feather foot and want it to seem like you're going like a bat out of hell. Slow down! I'll update, maybe it'll turn out right. Thanks fer reading.

If you get the HUD working properly let me know!

pics soon. and yes i'll definitely say how and when it works, maybe later in the week when less sh!t is going on. right now i'm still up making dinner and lunch for the rest of the week.

pics soon. and yes i'll definitely say how and when it works, maybe later in the week when less sh!t is going on. right now i'm still up making dinner and lunch for the rest of the week.

Heck yeah!Thanks I think that could be a really cool feature and you have already sparked my interest!

ok so I've tried to lower the voltage and the ampreage on the HUD speed sending wire to no avail. it either works or it doesn't. so i must assume that it's controlled by frequency. I'm not rewiring the damb thing to the other wh/bu wire 'cause I have a feeling it'll be the same result. my next step is to change the frequency with a dc motor frequency drive controller. does any ony know how the VSS works?

heres where I'm tied into

Wiring Diagrams - Contour/Mystique Built Before May 3, 1999 P {FONT-FAMILY: Verdana,Arial,Helv,Helvetica,sans-serif; FONT-SIZE: x-small} BODY {FONT-FAMILY: Verdana,Arial,Helv,Helvetica,sans-serif;}

310-03-00-001 Vehicle Speed Control

ok that didn't work i wanted to post the wiring diagram but nothing really happened but this STUFFFAH!

ok so I up loaded it on ot the attachments part the wire I'm spliced into is at 8pc60

does this use voltage or hertz to show speed? I'm having a heck of a time. I'm going to assime hz 'till I get corrected

post-6558-1212282382_thumb.gif

i took these at night so the flash kinda hides the windshield display but if you look real hard you can see it in the upper left hand corner. the other is outside looking down on the hud. this is a temperary setup as I am not sure if I can make it work correstly so it's just stickied on the dash

post-6558-1212462127_thumb.jpg

post-6558-1212462185_thumb.jpg

Edited by dub

Guest KAOS_2.5M

it doesn't look like it's really aimed right.

seems like the display should be closer to the dash.