FordContour.Org

BAER BRAKES

jlm98silversvt

...not sure on wher/cost but I have fitted a few of these and I advise you check that your wheels will fit over them...some don't!!

I thought the only requirement was 17in or bigger wheels? B)

Not necessarily. Sometimes wheel offset and even the wheel design itself will be the determining factor.

Good to know,I think I get new wheels every two sets of tires.It will be good to know when I can finally afford some Baers! B)

Where is the cheapest place to buy this brake kit

Run an internet search engine for baer sytems for contour.6 Months ago Andys Auto sport had them for 895 and I am still kicking my self for not jumping on them then! B) The average I saw was 999-1200 running the Websearch! B)

the 17" ST200 wheels do not clear my 12" TCE front brakes, even with a 5mm spacer. They just barely touch the back of the rims "spokes" when the brakes are applied. It's a gentle "kiss" but enough to leave a slight mark. The Centerline Storms clear... I measured everything before ordering and talked to both Todd at TCE and a rep from Centerline to get all the dimensions.... and they still did not completely clear without the 5mm spacer. However, with the spacer, the Centerlines would clear the 13" TCE kit.... so I may upgrade at some point.

IIRC the ST200 offset is 48mm while the Centerlines are 42mm

Is BAER the only supplier of big bakes for the Contour? I spent some time on Brembos website today...they offer uprated replacement parts made by Brembo but no big kits. 6 piston calipers :thumbs:

And glad I got my nice 18s!!! They are sexy and I get props from my local CEG friends *ducks*, however, curb rash booooo! :angry:

One of the CEGers down here has 19s. Cant imagine how that rides, he does have full BAT strut/spring kit though.

Edited by Adam98SVT

The Wilwood kit from TCE is superior to the Baer kit IMO.

This is not a deciding factor. Are the TCE calipers 4 or 6 piston? What kind of price tag are we talking about? I like the 1k price tag for a full round of BAER biggies.

What diameter TCE kit are you running? Care to share what you paid? I have two goals before summer.

1 - Tans by Terry w/quaife LSD. Clutch by Sachs. New SVT flywheel.

2 - If you have followed my retarded super asshole big man threads on FCO and FBO I need big brakes. I guess we all need learning experience some way or another. Is there an argument TCE v BAER brakes? If so, what? I am only trying to find the best product. Its unlikely I will be purchasing until springtime but I will before I spring for nitrous or S/C kit. Doms 3 liter is as much as I can handle at this point. Young Jedi has much to learn...

I paid around $1800 for 12.2" fronts and 11.75" rears. http://www.tceperformanceproducts.com/cgi-...ews.pl?record=7

I have the 4 piston FSL calipers. You can upgrade to the 6 piston BSL.

The Wilwood rotors are two piece to reduce weight with directional vanes to improve cooling. There is a greater variety of pad formulations for the Wilwood calipers. I'm not certain, but I suspect the FSL caliper weighs less than the Baer, too.

After spending a weekend on the track with a new 3L and stock brakes, I decided I needed the best brake upgrade available. The cost is significantly higher, but it was worth every penny. The Baer kit is probably a better value for a street car.

Is BAER the only supplier of big bakes for the Contour? I spent some time on Brembos website today...they offer uprated replacement parts made by Brembo but no big kits. 6 piston calipers :thumbs:

if you want to retain your stock calipers you could get the NPG kit. It allows for the FSVT front rotor to be used and then the CSVT front rotor is used on the rear of the car. I just got mine completely installed and like it alot. So if you get the kit with new rotors and pads all around you are looking at ~$600 or so.

if you want to retain your stock calipers you could get the NPG kit. It allows for the FSVT front rotor to be used and then the CSVT front rotor is used on the rear of the car. I just got mine completely installed and like it alot. So if you get the kit with new rotors and pads all around you are looking at ~$600 or so.

NPG? Do you have a link by chance? And the holding power is good? Always looking for a deal....

Edit NPG is Nautilus correct? Not necessarily against their stuff but Warmonger has been quite the Tim the Toolman to me in the past. He is part of the show for that company IIRC. Joey was a lot more respectful.

Edited by Adam98SVT

NPG? Do you have a link by chance? And the holding power is good? Always looking for a deal....

Edit NPG is Nautilus correct? Not necessarily against their stuff but Warmonger has been quite the Tim the Toolman to me in the past. He is part of the show for that company IIRC. Joey was a lot more respectful.

yes I am refereing to Natilus Performance group. They tested the brake setup for over a year before selling it. I think there where some plots they came up with from test data on stopping distances etc. The materials in the kit are of good quality. I feel its a good alternative to a full blown aftermarket brake upgrade.

http://www.nautilusperformance.com/catalog/c5_p1.html

...just a note on Wilwood calipers..most all units I have seen on Contours do NOT have any form of dust boot between the piston and caliper body.This is fine for pure track use but should be checked if you intend to use them on a street car.Pad dust,water etc can cause havoc to the inner piston seals..just an FYI..Check before you buy.

Guest KAOS_2.5M

I've looked at the NPG brake kit. joey is good to do bussiness with, and he ships things on time too *cough*

I have a question though, is it feasible to add the ABS to a car without it? no since in big brakes with no ABS

Guest KAOS_2.5M
..the ABS trigger wheels are not on the brakes.Would take a lot of wiring,sensors,ABS module,ABS unit,brake lines etc etc...

could the regular brake lines be adapted to work? running brake lines is a pita, did that on the ranger before. wireing is no big deal. how much do you think it would cost to get all the stuff together? i know it would take new axels with the trigger wheels on them. how does the trigger wheel work in the back? or does it guess based on the front?

Guest KAOS_2.5M
..I'd take a look at the ABS unit first...and its cost!!!!!!!!!!

thats sort of what i was asking, how expensive of an undertaking it would be to add it. a modern car with no ABS is just ridiculous