FordContour.Org

Chevy Aveo RS

Contourfast

Huh? You want a Daewoo fastback instead of a Fiesta? ... C'mon now, invest in the American company not in the Korean GM!

-Dom

Not considering Mexico also assembles the Fusion (COTY). You can't sell me on Korean vs. Domestic especially when the Aveo is a Daewoo designed car and the Fiesta is US/UK.

Everyone should buy what they want, but I don't see the Aveo build quality or feature content in the same ballpark as the Fiesta. That's a fact you can't refute.

-Dom

• Like 1

Considering the factors of production are so high in the US, I don't forsee many vehicles ever being made here unless something is done about lowering these costs. The 'buy American'/protectionist/mercantile attitude is just as detrimental as jobs being sent over there. Buying 'domesticly' manufactured vehicles that are more expensive will only lower the capital stock of this country hurting the US regardless. This stock would have otherwise been employed in more productive domestic industry. Lowering the factors of production domestically is the only way to augment industry here which is a necessity..

"Buying American", where American refers to all of North America, means you're buying NAFTA... which is still better than buying foreign imports. Keeps more money local.

Everyone should buy what they want, but I don't see the Aveo build quality or feature content in the same ballpark as the Fiesta. That's a fact you can't refute.

-Dom

You must not have read anything in that artical, or looked at hte pix for that matter. The feature content looked pretty damn good to me and buld quality, how do you know if they arent even produced yet? The supposed write thought it was prety nice quality. But i guess no one knows till it hits the market. Point is everything about it looks way better than that ugly fiesta

You must not have read anything in that artical, or looked at hte pix for that matter. The feature content looked pretty damn good to me and buld quality, how do you know if they arent even produced yet? The supposed write thought it was prety nice quality. But i guess no one knows till it hits the market. Point is everything about it looks way better than that ugly fiesta

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. B)

I like the Halos on the Chevy and the center exit eshaust.

Edited by SVTDEMON

Hmm - I like the Aveo AND the Fiesta. Did some searching and discovered that the Aveo will be assembled in Orion Michigan! OTOH, assembly in Canada, US or Mexico are all likely to contribute more to US economic health (largely due to parts content) than import from Asia. I also get the impression that a significant part of the R&D, design and development was done here too, which is REALLY an activity that I'd like to see promoted here in the US.

I also hear from friends at GM that the new Aveo is a very good car. I personally hated the old one, just felt clunky when I rented one.

Of course, as a Ford stockholder I vote for the Fiesta!

Edited by 2000SVTC

Hmm - I like the Aveo AND the Fiesta. Did some searching and discovered that the Aveo will be assembled in Orion Michigan! OTOH, assembly in Canada, US or Mexico are all likely to contribute more to US economic health (largely due to parts content) than import from Asia. I also get the impression that a significant part of the R&D, design and development was done here too, which is REALLY an activity that I'd like to see promoted here in the US.

I also hear from friends at GM that the new Aveo is a very good car. I personally hated the old one, just felt clunky when I rented one.

Of course, as a Ford stockholder I vote for the Fiesta!

I think its bad ass. Its has a GM american ecotec motor which are pretty good motors. Of course i think it would be better with like the cobalts or sky eco turbo motor in it