FordContour.Org

Rear Sway Bar issues

jreat

I think I have an issue. The rear sway bar mount snapped. What is the best way to fix this? Was there a sub frame replacement for this? I have attached a pic of the broken part.

Thank You

post-2581-091078100 1279146652_thumb.jpg

FWIW even the new stoc Ford rear subframe has had the design improved in the area of the sway bar mount points.Unless you have an uprated rear sway bar the Ford unit will work well for all applications...

I believe that BAT sells the whole assembly, But i would still try TEAMFORD too. Just ask for Pat Kelly.

I believe that BAT sells the whole assembly, But i would still try TEAMFORD too. Just ask for Pat Kelly.

Sorry to hi jack, but my car has a Pat Kelly sticker in the drivers door jamb since before I had it. Green w/ white shamrock.

By Team Ford do you mean Teamfordparts.com? from Vegas?

Yes Sir!

yes, or you can try tousley ford in MN they also have very good prices

Sweet we have a new one. : )

I have the 21mm BAT rear sway bar. would the ford one still work? I will look for the BAT one though.

I had the same problem with the BAT Rear Sway Bar, the damn retaining clips would pop under cornering. I think the shop that sponsors me eventually welded it in place. I would go with the BAT, or just find a welder you can trust.

I am thinking BAT too but I am going to get a price on the OEM one. I called BAT and they said they should have more in 2 weeks or so. The problem is that they won't take an order, I have to check back :(. I also need Adjustable Front Camber/Caster Kit and new Cougar Hatch Struts. Thanks for all the help guys.

I am thinking BAT too but I am going to get a price on the OEM one. I called BAT and they said they should have more in 2 weeks or so. The problem is that they won't take an order, I have to check back :(. I also need Adjustable Front Camber/Caster Kit and new Cougar Hatch Struts. Thanks for all the help guys.

For real find a welder thats good, 50-150 $ TOPS. SAVE $ Goodluck!

Your old subframe can probably be rebuilt for less than the cost of a new one. It will need to be removed and inspected first to make sure. From the picture, the old mount appears to be so badly rusted that it cannot be reused. The sway bar bushing mounts can be rebuilt and welded on. I would sand blast the entire unit, fab new pieces, weld them in, and apply new paint. Use something like POR 15 to prevent future rust.

We have welded and modded many frames in the past when we sold the Aussie bar etc. Problem now is the cars are older and,in most cases,the old frames are not worth welding/modding due to rust etc...Best bet is a new frame and modded if you want two bolt type bushings for a larger bar...the Aussie bar was 24 MM.

I also need Adjustable Front Camber/Caster Kit and new Cougar Hatch Struts.

I advise against the BAT camber kit. Waste of money. Mine broke after just a couple years of use, and the alignment technicians always hated to deal with it. :nono:

50.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I did find an OEM one for $185.62 shipped.

F5RB-5025-B

Hi jeat curious do you have source for all Ford part numbers for our vehicles?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.