FordContour.Org

rear spoiler

dpmeeks

Yes, you can use any available spoiler from '95 to '97. Otherwise, you can replace the trunk lid with a '98 and up and use later spoilers.

I don't think so. The pre-98 spoiler wraps over the upper edge of the trunk. I believe the pre-98 trunk is more rounded off at the back than the later trunk. It's been a while since I had my '97.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Would a 98 & up fit on an earlier trunk lid?

I have a 98 trunk lid with spoiler I prepped for paint waiting to install on my 96. I'm pretty sure the trunk lids are identical shape wise between model years save for the 98+ center light. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't have a problem installing the 98+ spoiler on the earlier cars but you'd have to drill the mounting holes and splice the wiring harnes for the spoiler brake light for a complete OEM like install. The cars that came from the factory with the spoiler did not have the high center mount brake light on the rear parcel shelf because the spoiler has the center high mounted brake light. You'll have difficulty removing the spoiler for sure as the bolts will be rusted. I wanted to remove my spoiler when prepping the trunk lid but two of the tree bolts were rusted beyond help, trying to loosen them only spun the bolt and nut as one. Better off buying an aftermarket spoiler or getting the whole 98+ trunk lid with spoiler like I did. I like the rear center light on the 98+ trunk lids personally, looks less cheap and more modern than the earlier model reflector/reverse lights.

Edited by deyes

• 2 months later...

I have a pre 98 trunk lid with lip spoiler on mine, I think it looks much better than the 98+ the best part was, I found a pre 98 the same color, therefore i didn't have to do a repaint.

• 2 months later...

I really like the Taurus Spoiler, fits well. I am with Aussie , I think the only thing that changed on the 95-97 to 98+ was the taillights :)

• 4 weeks later...